2020 SQHS Your Literate Life - BOOK REVIEWS ONLY discussion

The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
This topic is about The Red Pyramid
Red pyramid graphic novel

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tushar | 17 comments Red pyramid (Rick Riordan) graphic novel by Collar Orpheus
Reviewed by Tushar Chopra

When the Kane families Mother dies, her children are sent apart Sadie and Carter. While the grandparents decided to have taken in Sadie and be away from her father. Carter is traveling the world with his father the famous Egyptologist Dr. Julius Kane. One-night Dr. Kane brings his children to a museum in London to make right on his family as he is blamed for the death of their mother. Unknowingly he unleashes the Egyptian god Set. And He banishes him as he did Osiris. And Sadie and Carter are told to run. Sadie and Carter have discovered that the gods of Egypt are waking up and Set plans on taking them out. Sadie and Carter go on an adventure to stop Set from his conquest and during this journey Carter and Sadie come closer to the truth of their family heritage and connection to a secret society that exists since the pharaohs lived.

This book about a family and its connection to the gods of Egypt are one of the best written books about gods and how if there was more to them. The character development between Sadie and carter are shown in very good way through their journey and they get to open to each other. The pacing in the story felt sometimes was fast and sometimes to slow but overall it got to the point. Most of the book is predictable because of its hero’s journey like story. I did like the designs in the book of the gods and characters. The introduction of the kid’s uncle was quite interesting as he has kept secrets and won’t tell the purpose of his sudden appearance or revealed that he’s their uncle until he meets them. The character development was pretty good between carter and Sadie and their new-found god friend Bast. The ending was good left on a happy ending and hints on more adventures between Carter and Sadie.

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 15 comments I read this book, and I really enjoyed it too! Rick Riordan has a way of storytelling and humor that keep you engaged in the books he writes. I also thought that some of the events were predictable, yet they happened in such a way that it didn't bother me.

message 3: by Kobe (new)

Kobe Hawkins | 13 comments I've never heard about this book, but it sounds pretty interesting. Does it have likable characters?

message 4: by Dreysen (new)

Dreysen Chritton | 12 comments I read this book in 5th grade and havent really looked into graphic novels before. I agree with you how you said the pacing can get a little fast or slow at times.

message 5: by Tushar (last edited Apr 22, 2019 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tushar | 17 comments Kobe wrote: "I've never heard about this book, but it sounds pretty interesting. Does it have likable characters?"
yes. mostly the gods but the main characters are pretty likable. As the two main characters in the book relate to teens today.

message 6: by Tushar (last edited Apr 22, 2019 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tushar | 17 comments Tushar wrote: "Kobe wrote: "I've never heard about this book, but it sounds pretty interesting. Does it have likable characters?"
yes. mostly the gods but the main characters are pretty likable as they do relate ..."

Tushar wrote: "Kobe wrote: "I've never heard about this book, but it sounds pretty interesting. Does it have likable characters?"
yes. mostly the gods but the main characters are pretty likable as they do relate ..."

Jacob wrote: "I read this book, and I really enjoyed it too! Rick Riordan has a way of storytelling and humor that keep you engaged in the books he writes. I also thought that some of the events were predictable..."
Yeah it is predictable but like you said it doesn't bother you as you still enjoy the event that comes up. And see how its visualized vs how you visualize it make it interesting to read the rest of it.

message 7: by Hector (new)

Hector (hecctorm) | 8 comments I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds interesting. I've trying to read more graphic novels so I might give this one a try.