Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta readers wanted

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gail (new)

Gail Griffiths | 12 comments I am looking for a beta reader for my YA/time travel/adventure 70K words. "Remember the Future" Joe and Harriet will be nineteen in three months and have just completed their first year of university.
This is my first novel and is well edited for spelling and punctuation. But I would like feedback on the story before I send it off to my editor.
The year is 2020, and the US is divided and heading for trouble. Joe and Harriet will soon find out how much trouble, in this romp through the future.
It does have some sex, scenes, language and violence.

Here is a blurb:

The day was perfect for a hike, but for lifelong friends Joe and Harriet it ends in a deadly cat-and-mouse chase through the woods. Stalked by a jealous classmate, the couple seeks shelter in a cave high on the side of a dangerous cliff. The opening takes them to an old shaft that exits through an ancient portal straight into the future.
They want desperately to get home. But the head of a research facility that is holding them, asks them to pay a huge price in return for their freedom. It’s a price they’re not willing to pay, but can they get away? They must rely on friends, but can they trust everyone? Are they being led into a trap? Joe and Harriet will learn about love and trust, in this fast-moving adventure that ends with a heart-stopping climax.

message 2: by Gail (new)

Gail Griffiths | 12 comments Hi Jade, I sent you an email. "Finished" might be a stretch. I am finished as much as I can do at this stage. I hope for some beta reviews before I send it off for final editing. I have had some, and they are positive and encouraging.