Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Romantic Comedy Completed Novel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (last edited Apr 18, 2019 12:52PM) (new)

Lucy Chester | 4 comments Hi there,

I'm looking for some beta readers for my 125,000 word rom-com about a girl who escapes her claustrophobic life in London to work on a ranch in Wyoming for the summer. It’s a story of self-discovery, first love and the uncertainty of a long-distance relationship. It's quite polished now (in terms of spelling/punctuation etc), but would love some feedback on how it can be improved / things that don't work etc please.

Warning: Some swear words/adult themes/ sexual content.

Happy to do a swap and read someone else's novel :)

Thank you,
Lucy

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Campbell | 30 comments Hello Lucy,
I’d enjoy swapping. Your novel I’ll be happy to read if you send to me at jcjc49@aol.com and attach as a word document.
I have two choices to swap:
1. OLD OLDER OLDEST: Trapped or Freed? A humorous/tragic memoir of my parents, one of whom just died at 104. They have quite a story. 96,000 words
2. Mario of My Life: a cross-cultural YA based on a true incident, beta read 3 times and just 3/4 way through major editing.
Would you be interested?
Jill

message 3: by Carina (new)

Carina Taylor (carinataylor) | 3 comments Hi Lucy!
I would love to do a swap with you!

Your book sounds great! I work on a ranch so I've got that in common with the story. :) My email is cjtaylorauthor@gmail.com

I write in the romantic comedy genre too! I've just finished a small town romantic comedy- around 86,000 words.

Let me know if you're interested!

message 4: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Chester | 4 comments Hi CJ!

Sorry to be slow, I was working all bank holiday! Finally have some time off.

A big yes, please! So amazing you work on a ranch too - I am jealous.

I would love to read yours too :D thank you so much. I love small town romance stories! My email is info@lucychesterhorsemanship.com

Please feel free to be as critical/blunt as possible. I will be so grateful for any feedback. Thank you! Please do let me know what you'd like me comment on with yours. Can't wait!

More thanks,
Lucy x

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Chester | 4 comments CJ wrote: "Hi Lucy!
I would love to do a swap with you!

Your book sounds great! I work on a ranch so I've got that in common with the story. :) My email is cjtaylorauthor@gmail.com

I write in the romantic ..."

Hi CJ - I replied to you above, but it didn't seem to link to your comment. (sorry, new to this) x

message 6: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Chester | 4 comments Jill wrote: "Hello Lucy,
I’d enjoy swapping. Your novel I’ll be happy to read if you send to me at jcjc49@aol.com and attach as a word document.
I have two choices to swap:
1. OLD OLDER OLDEST: Trapped or Freed..."

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for your offer - I would love that!

Sorry to be slow, I've worked the past 4 days. Enjoying a day off today, which of course is spent writing!

I am happy to read either - they both sound interesting!

Thank you :D my email address is info@lucychesterhorsemanship.com

Lucy x