What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Legend of the Seventh Virgin
This topic is about The Legend of the Seventh Virgin
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Grandmother has a secret recipe for hair black dye. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Pinkston | 2 comments Greetings!
My mother had a book in her bookcase that I can remember from the 1970's and maybe even earlier. I believe it was a mystery/romance/suspense type fiction novel. It was hardback and about 1.5 inches thick. I would dearly love to find and read it to her now that she is ill.
Can anyone remember book with perhaps Gypsies, and a grandmother who gives her granddaughter the recipe for black hair dye. There may have been an abbey or large house that the granddaughter goes to live in after she gets married. I think the granddaughter's beautiful appearance captures a man's interest (the home owner presumably) I'm so very sorry I can't remember more. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Many thanks,

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkins | 77 comments It sounds rather like a Victoria Holt novel, possibly The Legend of the Seventh Virgin.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Pinkston | 2 comments That's it! That's it! Oh My Goodness! How can I ever say thank you enough? Thank you Jennifer!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkins | 77 comments Kim wrote: "That's it! That's it! Oh My Goodness! How can I ever say thank you enough? Thank you Jennifer!"
So glad. I thought it sounded like one of Victoria Holt's. I read loads of them in the 70's. Usually they are set in Cornwall. I thought it could be the Virgins one or The Bride of Pendorric. Hope you enjoy it. Regards, Jenny.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Kim. Here's the link for Jennifer's find - The Legend of the Seventh Virgin by Victoria Holt.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Legend of the Seventh Virgin (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Victoria Holt (other topics)