Romance Retreat discussion

Blind Faith (Blackout Series)
This topic is about Blind Faith
Playlists > Best cover songs

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Runow | 56 comments song-game

In my story, BLIND FAITH, Jason and Gemma are driving in his car where they discuss the band Heart covering a Led Zeppelin song.

Gemma states that Ann Wilson sings Zeppelin better than Zeppelin does Zeppelin. You can listen for yourself ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYHy2...

Music is my life and a lot of my books wrap around songs from all genres, helping me tell the story.

What artist do you think covered a song better than the original?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 252 comments To me, Wild Horses by The Sundays is better than The Rolling Stones original version.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments IMHO- Chris Cornell did an acustic 'Nothing Compares to You' (his young daughter with him as back up on another version was hauntingly beautiful as well) better than either Prince or Sinead O'Connor. He also rocked an acoustic version of the 'Thank You' song by Led Zep. Some may not agree but he has done so many amazing covers that I love and
these are just a few. RIP CC😢 Many more artists out there with some killer covers to love.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 252 comments Chris Cornell was tremendously talented, and his remakes are incredible!

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments I adore him and especially love his work as an individual artist and his softer, acoustic side. His soulful voice and lyrics are just so special to me. I regret not having the pleasure of seeing him live and now never getting the chance to. Sigh.

carrie thackston | 19 comments B. C. Booklover wrote: "I adore him and especially love his work as an individual artist and his softer, acoustic side. His soulful voice and lyrics are just so special to me. I regret not having the pleasure of seeing hi..."

I got to see Soundgarden with Nine Inch Nails. I was sick and thought about not going, but I had the thought that I might not have the opportunity again so I went. So glad I did, it was amazing.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Well Carrie, you are a lucky woman! Thank goodness for Utube so I can pretend I saw him too. Besides being so talented, he sure was fun to look at, still is.

carrie thackston | 19 comments B. C. Booklover wrote: "Well Carrie, you are a lucky woman! Thank goodness for Utube so I can pretend I saw him too. Besides being so talented, he sure was fun to look at, still is."

Oh yeah, Trent Reznor was hot too.😊

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Gotta love a hot rocker😎

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (feehop96) | 4 comments Dancing on My Own by Calum Scott original by Robyn

message 11: by B. C. Booklover (new)

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Heard on the way to work, Knocking on Heavens Door, Guns n Rose's covered better than Bob Dylan, but both good for different reasons.

Here's another- Jackson Browne wrote and recorded These Days but Gregg Allman blew me away and made it his own.

message 12: by Sammie (new)

Sammie (eyesonfire91) | 10 comments I just heard Billie Eilish's cover of You Don't Get Me High Anymore , i think her cover is more haunting and the (Original By Phantogram ) has more of a beat and makes you want to move.

Also loving Amy Shark's cover of Superman (Original by Eminem ) she does change up some of the lyrics but i just love her energy :)

Lacey Sturm's cover of Roxanne (Original By The Police) i love her version ,

this last one isn't that i like the cover better ,they all do an amazing job with this song ,Smells Like Teen Spirit cover by Think Up Anger FT: Malia J , & cover by Tori Amos (Original by Nirvana ) all of them bring different things to this song !

message 13: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Miller | 17 comments Love this!
I have a few that I love more than the original.
-Stone Sour's version of "Wicked Game", though the original by Chris Issac is great.
-Preston Pohl's "Electric Feel" (original by MGMT)
-Highly Suspect's cover of "Send Me an Angel" (original by Real Life)

And one that nearly ties for me is "Gone Away".
The original by The Offspring is fantastic. I've always loved it. But Five Finger Death Punch slowed it down, giving it such a haunting, heartbreaking vibe that fits the lyrics so well. <3

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 252 comments J.M. I actually have those versions of Wicked Game and Gone Away on one of my playlists! So good!!

message 15: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Miller | 17 comments Jennifer wrote: "J.M. I actually have those versions of Wicked Game and Gone Away on one of my playlists! So good!!"

Yes! They are so good! Never get tired of them.

message 16: by Kinney (new)

Kinney Scott (kinneyscott) | 2 comments Love is Blindness by Jack White is better than the U2 version - Maybe. I love them both

message 17: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Frost (frostdelilah) | 6 comments The crazy thing is they only did it during select shows. It wasn't an outright cover, but I love, love, love Linkin Park covering Wish by NIN. But I absolutely love Linkin Park's rendition of Rolling in the Deep by Adele. I enjoy both versions, but I love theirs more.

message 18: by carrie thackston (new)

carrie thackston | 19 comments Delilah wrote: "The crazy thing is they only did it during select shows. It wasn't an outright cover, but I love, love, love Linkin Park covering Wish by NIN. But I absolutely love Linkin Park's rendition of Rolli..."

I didn't know Linkin Park covered "Wish". I've seen NIN many times live and when they did that song it was always amazing and high energy! I just watched the Linkin Park version and it was sooo good!

message 19: by Delilah (new)

Delilah Frost (frostdelilah) | 6 comments carrie thackston wrote: "I didn't know Linkin Park covered "Wish". I've seen NIN many times live and when they did that song it was always amazing and high energy! I just watched the Linkin Park version..."

Right?! It isn't really in Chester's range, but he slayed that song. God I miss that man!