What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Realistic Fiction during segregation. Girl who lost her mother has to deal with a new stepmother. Falls off a swing, then makes friends with an African American girl next door.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MacKenna (last edited Apr 18, 2019 07:34AM) (new)

MacKenna | 1 comments I read this book from the little class library in my 5th grade classroom. this book is about a girl who lost her mother and has to deal with her new stepmother and makes friends with an African girl next door. This is all I can remember from this book. I also remember that the main girl was swinging on a swing, fell off, and scraped her knees and that is how she meets the African girl. I also remember the African girl got the really sick with the flu but recovered.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
MacKenna, please provide plot details (no spoilers) and the genre of the book you’re looking for in the Topic header, not something vague like "Help! can't remember this book". Someone is more likely to recognize your book.

We also need to know when you read it.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
MacKenna, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link after the header - on the full desktop website, not the mobile website or mobile app.

Around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

How old are the two girls?