Grayson
This topic is about Grayson
Grayson by Lynne Cox

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yogesh (new) - added it

Yogesh | 15 comments Grayson by Lynne Cox
Reviewed by Yogesh Dutt

The whole story occurred in ocean. The main characters of this book are Lynne Cox and Grayson (baby whale). The main character Lynne was born in Boston, grew up in California, and received her bachelor’s degree from the university of California at Santa Barbara. Lynne is a swimmer and she trained herself by waking up early in the morning to swim in an open ocean. Lynne is a disciplined, and hardworking athlete. She has lot of friends; all her friends usually see her at the beach or swimming in the ocean and they are all twice her age. Grayson needs help because he has lost her mother. When he couldn’t find his mother, he started following Lynne. Lynne was swimming toward shore and wasn’t sure about a baby whale following her in the ocean. A friend of Lynne gave her a signal to not come out of the ocean because he had figured out that it was a baby whale.
This book is very similar to the video I watched on You tube. It was an experience of a life time spending time with a baby gray whale for Lynne Cox. It was not an easy task to find the whale in Pacific Ocean. Will Lynne be able to find mother whale with help from her friends? Lynne never lost a hope and kept searching for mother whale. This book was very inspiring, and I really liked the tone. I’m going to remember this story for a long time.

message 2: by Trevor (new)

Trevor | 11 comments Was this a true story? If not it sounds like it could be.

message 3: by Oleh (new)

Oleh | 19 comments It looks like pretty simple to understand this book.
Did you expect that this story will be going like that?

message 4: by Kobe (new)

Kobe Hawkins | 13 comments This looks like a good story to read. Has this book made you think differently about certain things in everyday life?

message 5: by Bella (last edited Apr 25, 2019 01:03PM) (new)

Bella | 12 comments I have never heard of this book or anything like it, it seems like something many people would enjoy. The bond between humans and other animals can truly be beautiful.

message 6: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 11 comments I like the sound of the plot for this book. It sounds pretty easy to understand that its a story about a kid and a whale. It really sounds like its based off a true story.

message 7: by Yogesh (new) - added it

Yogesh | 15 comments Trevor wrote: "Was this a true story? If not it sounds like it could be."

it's a true story. The author of this book Lynne cox is the main character, who reunited baby whale and it's mother.

message 8: by Yogesh (new) - added it

Yogesh | 15 comments Anthony wrote: "I like the sound of the plot for this book. It sounds pretty easy to understand that its a story about a kid and a whale. It really sounds like its based off a true story."
this book is based off a true story. author of this book is the main character of the story.

message 9: by Yogesh (new) - added it

Yogesh | 15 comments Bella wrote: "I have never heard of this book or anything like it, it seems like something many people would enjoy. the bond between humans and other animals can truly be beautiful."

someone had recommended me this book and I really enjoyed reading it.

message 10: by Yogesh (new) - added it

Yogesh | 15 comments Oleh wrote: "It looks like pretty simple to understand this book.
Did you expect that this story will be going like that?"

I did not expect it to turn out the way it did.

message 11: by Jackelin (new)

Jackelin Perez | 8 comments The story sounds very interesting by the way you described it in your summary how the baby whale was following her. Was the ending shocking to you? or was it a book the reader can guess the ending to?