LitWits Book Club Marion County Public Library WV discussion

Snap
This topic is about Snap
20 views
Snap by Belinda Bauer > Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Mike | 31 comments Mod
Why do you think Adam While killed Jack's mother? Did he just snap, or was she a substitute for his first wife?

What do you think Catherine did with Adam? Where did she go?

Why did Reynolds never let on that his mother lived right next door to Jack and his siblings?


Stacie | 4 comments I think Adam killed Jack’s mother in an effort to release the rage he was feeling after the fight with his wife. I think perhaps the coincidence of her being pregnant and the opportunity- his psychopathic mind may have felt it was supposed to happen.


Stacie | 4 comments I would guess she drove around until she felt sure he was dead then took his body to the police. She had to realize he was dangerous at this point and wouldn’t have wanted to live in fear for her life or that of her unborn child.


Stacie | 4 comments I think Reynolds was embarrassed that he missed observing the situation because of his refusal to give merit to his mothers concerns. This was based on previous misunderstandings with former neighbors.


message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Mike | 31 comments Mod
Was Adam dead, though? I thought he was still alive. I'd be afraid that he would somehow get out from behind the seat, and hurt her.
Stacie wrote: "I would guess she drove around until she felt sure he was dead then took his body to the police. She had to realize he was dangerous at this point and wouldn’t have wanted to live in fear for her l..."

Julie wrote: "Why do you think Adam While killed Jack's mother? Did he just snap, or was she a substitute for his first wife?

What do you think Catherine did with Adam? Where did she go?

Why did Reynolds never..."



message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie Mike | 31 comments Mod
I think you are right on that point. He wanted to be perfect in everything he did, that getting caught in a mistake like that would have been unacceptable to him.

Stacie wrote: "I think Reynolds was embarrassed that he missed observing the situation because of his refusal to give merit to his mothers concerns. This was based on previous misunderstandings with former neighb..."


message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie Mike | 31 comments Mod
Sometimes I wonder what is wrong in the minds of killers that causes them to look for victims that resemble someone in their past. I don't think, even if I was traumatized as a child, that I would resort to killing anyone. Is there some gene that predisposes a person to commit violent acts? And why don't we all have it?

Stacie wrote: "I think Adam killed Jack’s mother in an effort to release the rage he was feeling after the fight with his wife. I think perhaps the coincidence of her being pregnant and the opportunity- his psych..."


back to top

838622

LitWits Book Club Marion County Public Library WV

unread topics | mark unread