Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > World Book Day

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2715 comments It's World Book Day.

Amazon is offering 10 free titles for kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/article/read-t...

message 2: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3049 comments COOL!!! Got a free copy of GO. Watched the movie in Japan when I lived there, had no idea the source material was translated.

Can't wait to read this.

Thank you for the heads up ;)

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6113 comments Just added most of them to my Kindle! Thanks for the head's up. my TBR was feeling hungry, LOL.

message 4: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3049 comments oh wait... I didn't have to pick just one!? 🤣

message 5: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2715 comments Meli wrote: "oh wait... I didn't have to pick just one!? 🤣"

No, I added them all. And I still haven't read all the titles I added from last year's giveaway.

message 6: by AJ (last edited Apr 17, 2019 12:45PM) (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 822 comments Last year I didn't read any of them but I am still going to download all of these

message 7: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5352 comments I restrained myself and only added the ones which I thought I might read, because I still have quite a few left from last year.

message 8: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4865 comments Thanks for the heads up! I downloaded a few, but I don't think I read any yet from last year *sigh*. I imagine we're all in the same boat.

message 9: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3778 comments Thanks! I've had Go on my TBR as well :)
I also have a bunch from last year that I downloaded and haven't read.

message 10: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 822 comments I also had Go on my TBR so I was really excited to see that one

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 228 comments World Book Day is April 23rd which is also my birthday. Best day to be born on for a booklover like me!

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5546 comments And April 23 is also Will Shakespeare's B-day

message 13: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4896 comments I almost missed it this year! I hope one of these countries pops up as a horizon's theme for us.

I downloaded nearly all of the kindles because... you never know! The audios are only 1.99 and I'm pretty sure you can wait to get them later. I forgot about last year's books. I think my husband loved the one from North Korea. I have a lot of forgotten treasures in my kindle library. I was waiting for a library copy of Songs of Achilles, and I discovered I already had it!

GO reminds me a little of Pachinko, with Korean immigrants in Japan. Jeju Island (from White Chrysanthemum and the new See book) is described in the sample as the Hawaii of the East.

The hangman book has a cute video preview. Apparently "daughter" was added to the title to attract those of us who like strong female characters. She's a minor character at best according to the reviews.

message 14: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4896 comments Tessa (FutureAuthor23) wrote: "World Book Day is April 23rd which is also my birthday. Best day to be born on for a booklover like me!"

Happy Birthday!

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 228 comments Thank you!