Play Book Tag discussion

Surprise Me
This topic is about Surprise Me
Archive: Other Books > Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1431 comments Dan and Sylvie have been a couple for ten years and have twin girls. When their doctor mentions they could live another 68 years they panic about being married for that long and decide to surprise each other to keep things interesting. I found some of the surprises to be humorous. My main annoyance with the book was Sylvie, especially any time she talked about her dad for the majority of the book. I just wanted to yell at her that no one is as perfect as she says her dad was. Any time the dad came up I wanted to hurl the book at a wall because Sylvie was that annoying in her view of him. I really don't know what Dan saw in her. I enjoy Kinsella's books in general but this isn't one of her best.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3775 comments I totally agree. Kinsella is my go-to guilty pleasure author, but this one definitely disappointed.

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7644 comments Have either of you read her new one, I Owe You One? I removed Surprise Me from my TBR after Joi was not a fan, but I haven't totally written her off as an author yet...

message 4: by Joi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3775 comments I did, Nicole. Definitely a lot better than Surprise Me. If you can get past her name (Fixie Farr, she likes to fix things), I'd assume you'll probably think it's an entertaining for fun 3 star read.

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7644 comments Joi wrote: "I did, Nicole. Definitely a lot better than Surprise Me. If you can get past her name (Fixie Farr, she likes to fix things), I'd assume you'll probably think it's an entertaining for fun 3 star read."

I'll take that!