What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction where female protagonist's fiance dies and she is worried about cutting her hair and losing the last physical pieces of her that he had touched

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Bucala | 1 comments I probably read this in the early 2000s. I can only remember vague details but my sister and I have been talking about it and neither of us can remember much more. I believe the protagonist's fiance was on a fishing trip with friends and tragically dies. She was upset about cutting her hair because she was wondering when she would cut of the last portion of her hair that he had touched. I honestly can't remember if it was a novel or short stories. Weirdly, I also feel that i remember her gardening and specifically something about her tomatoes.
I think this feeling has become something my sister is going through as she has recently lost her 4 yr old daughter to leukemia and I would love to be able to help her with the name of this book.
Thanks for any suggestions.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Rebecca ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!