Horror Aficionados discussion

The Night Parade
This topic is about The Night Parade
Buddy Reads > The Night Parade by Ronald Malfi buddy read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Latasha (latasha513) | 10647 comments Mod
Join us for a buddy read of The Night Parade! Start date is 4-22-19 or around about that date.

I’ll be joining in this one.

Melanie | 1656 comments Me too, thanks Tosh.

Yay Melanie 🥝 glad your here!

message 5: by Melanie (last edited Apr 17, 2019 03:25AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melanie | 1656 comments Aw thanks. I'm pretty excited about this one, my first Malfi, I've had him on my TBR forever!

I think this is my 3rd?

No, it’s my 5th.

And unless I can cancel my order, I’ve bought this one twice 😑

Melanie | 1656 comments Latasha wrote: "And unless I can cancel my order, I’ve bought this one twice 😑"

Twice the scares then!

Lol. Yep. Thankfully they (eBay seller) canceled my order.

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 454 comments I may try to join this one if I get caught up on other reads this weekend. I really enjoyed We Should Have Left Well Enough Alone by Malfi.

Awesome Lisa! We’d be glad to have you here.

We have a newer group member, Hoff, should be joining us.

Ginger | 3233 comments I haven't had the chance to read anything by Malfi so I'm going to join this one! You're not alone Melanie. :D

Looks like a good plot. I'll won't be able to start before the 22nd.

Yay! Welcome Ginger!

Ginger | 3233 comments Thanks Latasha!

Terry | 4838 comments I’m in as well. Hoping my copy of the book arrives today😊

Terry wrote: "I’m in as well. Hoping my copy of the book arrives today😊"

welcome Terry :)

Melanie | 1656 comments Started this over the weekend, the first flashback scene with (view spoiler)

Melanie wrote: "Started this over the weekend, the first flashback scene with [spoilers removed]"

Yeah that was creepy.

Chapter 9-
What would you have done?
(view spoiler)

Terry | 4838 comments I've only made it up to ch8. I agree about that first flashback, too!

Melanie | 1656 comments Latasha wrote: "Chapter 9-
[spoilers removed]"

I agree, but with a caveat (view spoiler)

Terry | 4838 comments Melanie wrote: "Latasha wrote: "Chapter 9-
[spoilers removed]"

I agree, but with a caveat [spoilers removed]"

I think my reaction would have been more like yours, Melanie!

Terry | 4838 comments But man, (view spoiler)

message 26: by Ginger (last edited Apr 22, 2019 09:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Melanie wrote: "Started this over the weekend, the first flashback scene with [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I did not like that. I could (view spoiler)

message 27: by Ginger (last edited Apr 22, 2019 09:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Just finished up Ch 9. That’s a tough question!
(view spoiler)

Ginger wrote: "Just finished up Ch 9. That’s a tough question!
That whole bathroom scene along with all the things off in the house would have made me leave faster. David was in a tough spot since he’s a neighbor..."

Yeah I think the birds would’ve scared me the worst. I would’ve freaked out really bad. End of the world freak out.

message 29: by Hoff (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hoff The Librarian (hoffthelibrarian) | 20 comments Latasha wrote: "We have a newer group member, Hoff, should be joining us."

Thanks!

I'm enjoying this so far. I splurged for the E-Book, so I'm tearing through this during my department meetings. ;)

message 30: by Hoff (last edited Apr 23, 2019 12:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hoff The Librarian (hoffthelibrarian) | 20 comments I'm only in the early going, but this has been great. At first, I wasn't sure if the plot wasn't just going to be in the father's head or some psychological trick. Establishing the hallmarks of the sickness through the interaction with Deke was far more efficient than books that simply describe the symptoms. And yeah, the bathroom would freak me out. The tension has been great.

One small caveat though, I don't really like the characters all that much. I'm pulling for the father to protect his daughter obviously, but I feel their interactions are kind of grating. I know its in the service of creating tension and conflict, so I'll try not to complain too much. That small tidbit aside, I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

Melanie | 1656 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)
The writing's pretty solid in this but I'm finding it a little slow at the moment.

Oh no. Chapter 16.

message 33: by Ginger (last edited Apr 23, 2019 07:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Hoff wrote: "Establishing the hallmarks of the sickness through the interaction with Deke was far more efficient than books that simply describe the symptoms. And yeah, the bathroom would freak me out. The tension has been great. "

Totally agree with you on that Hoff! I like the flashbacks in establishing the sickness as well. It feels more realistic.

Terry | 4838 comments Latasha wrote: "Oh no. Chapter 16."

Is that 'oh no' because (view spoiler)

Terry wrote: "Latasha wrote: "Oh no. Chapter 16."

Is that 'oh no' because [spoilers removed]"

The message. I guess if it’s reached that location, I’m a goner.

Terry | 4838 comments Latasha wrote: "Terry wrote: "Latasha wrote: "Oh no. Chapter 16."

Is that 'oh no' because [spoilers removed]"

The message. I guess if it’s reached that location, I’m a goner."

I thought so! The real question is, (view spoiler)

I am too Terry.

Melanie | 1656 comments So I just read chapter 17.....NOPE, nope nope nope. Did you know about this Latasha?

Nooo... I don’t think I did? Ugh now u have me dreading whatever it is. Especially since you just commented about those horrible devil worshiping spawns of Satan 😰 over in that other group.

Melanie | 1656 comments Latasha wrote: "Nooo... I don’t think I did? Ugh now u have me dreading whatever it is. Especially since you just commented about those horrible devil worshiping spawns of Satan 😰 over in that other group."

You're on to it.....

I missed it? I’m on chapter 20

Oh yeah. That didn't bother me too bad. As long as that's it for the book.

I on chapter 24. Like Ellie I have a bad feeling about this.

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I thought so! The ..."

I’m thinking the same (view spoiler)

message 44: by Ginger (last edited Apr 24, 2019 09:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "I on chapter 24. Like Ellie I have a bad feeling about this."

I just got to Ch 18 tonight and I feel the same about Goodwin. I don’t think anything “good” will happen in this town. 🤣😂

message 45: by Hoff (last edited Apr 25, 2019 08:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hoff The Librarian (hoffthelibrarian) | 20 comments Wow, the (view spoiler) escalated quickly.

I don't know if I would've lived through the initial confrontation,
(view spoiler)

Chapter 26 was a scary-ass scene. I had to go back and re-read it.

I haven’t got there yet. 😱

Chapter 29, that's what I was afraid of.
Chapter 30 I'm not a parent so maybe it's different but I do NOT like that kind of emotional manipulation. That's a little too close to home. Ellie sure seems grown up for her age, doesn't she?

Terry | 4838 comments Hoff wrote: "Wow, the [spoilers removed] escalated quickly.

I don't know if I would've lived through the initial confrontation,
[spoilers removed]

Chapter 26 was a scary-ass scene. I had to go back and re-r..."

Next time, (view spoiler)

message 49: by Ginger (last edited Apr 26, 2019 07:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments I'm only on Ch 24. Hoping to catch up to you all today. I've had food poisoning all week so it's been a "week" to say the least.
Stay away from pre-cut fruit!!

This book is getting really good! I can't wait to see what happens in Ch 26. :D

And hell, I wish David would start listening to his Ellie. I think her instincts are better then his now!!

message 50: by Hoff (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hoff The Librarian (hoffthelibrarian) | 20 comments Latasha wrote: "Ellie sure seems grown up for her age, doesn't she?"

Almost too much so. Like she might be omnipotent or the cause of all this somehow. Something about Ellie doesn't strike me right and I can't figure out what it is.

« previous 1 3