Unexpected Readathon Time discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathons > Readathon #4: April 18-22

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 270 comments Mod
Hello, everyone! It's time for another readathon!

This readathon will begin at 12:00AM (your time zone) Thursday, April 18th, and will end at 11:59PM (again, your time zone!) Monday, April 22nd. That's right, this one's five days long!

A few spring-themed prompts for you, optional as always:
1) a book with a bright or pastel color on the cover
2) a book that makes you laugh (or smile, at least!)
3) a book with flowers on the cover

Feel free to post your TBR whenever you'd like, and be sure to check our buddy read threads if you want to buddy read with anyone! ♥♥

message 2: by Joelie (new)

Joelie (joelzie) | 5 comments Lol so I love on the other side of the world so its autumn for us haha but I will still participate im sure there are flowers on something I want to read :)

message 3: by Khaine (new)

Khaine (daughterofkhaine) I'm in!

This is my first Easter off work in almost ten years! Actually -- that makes it my first Easter off work ever! You bet I'm gonna read the whole time!

So, looking through my TBR pile, and I must be reading the wrong books! It was hard to find books for the prompts! I'm going to try to read The Impossible Girl by Lydia Kang for my book with flowers on the cover, and The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory for my book with a bright or pastel cover.

This time, I'll try to actually stick to the prompts and not just wander off into the horror section at random instead! („• ֊ •„)

Joelie wrote: "Lol so I love on the other side of the world so its autumn for us haha but I will still participate im sure there are flowers on something I want to read :)"

Bahaha, WHOOPS! I always forget that, I'm sorry! 😂

Amanda ☕ wrote: "I'm in!

This is my first Easter off work in almost ten years! Actually -- that makes it my first Easter off work ever! You bet I'm gonna read the whole time!

So, looking through my TBR pile, and ..."

Yaaaay! Congrats on your Easter off!

message 6: by Mari (new)

Mari Johnston (musingsofagirl) | 20 comments I have a busy weekend coming up, but I'll try to participate as much as I can! Probably I won't be able to read a book for each prompt, but we'll see.

1) a book with a bright or pastel color on the cover
- Prince Charming by Rachel Hawkins
- I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver (I've heard this one is super cute so hopefully it will make me smile a lot!)
- The Beauty that Remains by Ashley Woodfolk (It's on my current TBR and I think there's one flower on the cover haha)

message 7: by Megan (last edited Apr 19, 2019 02:47AM) (new)

Megan | 16 comments Your timing couldn't be more perfect! I've literally just started my mid-sem break at uni, and FINALLY have all my assignments finished/under control for the time being, so I can't wait to properly join this time. :D

EDIT: It's Thursday here in Australia already, so I've started. (And also added another book or two to my TBR) :D

TBR
- The Kingdom of Copper
- The Queen's Resistance (want to finish)
- Giant Days, Vol. 6 (it's kind of pastel coloured?)
- The Black Coats (it does have a small rose within the butterfly on the cover? - DNF just under 100 pages; the concept was great, but the execution and writing style just felt... immature? It didn't gel with me at all.)
- Four Dead Queens
- In the Dark
- Wicked Saints

message 8: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evelynreads) Yess! And I'm free for four of these days, so I was already planning on reading a lot!
(Do have to do some schoolwork though..)

TBR:
- The Red Scrolls of Magic (want to finish)
- Recreated
- Leviathan Wakes
- Sapphire Blue (if the library has it)
- The Devil's Thief (on audio)

Maybe a bit ambitious, but we will see what happens!

message 9: by destiny ♡⚔♡ (last edited Apr 19, 2019 09:43PM) (new)

I work Thursday but then I have a three-day weekend, so I know I'll probably come home Thursday and stay up late reading! Obviously I won't finish all of these, but here's the list I'll be likely choosing from:

- Sorcery of Thorns (in progress)
- The Art of Losing (in progress)
- Dead Until Dark (in progress) (reread)
- Godsgrave (in progress)
- The Last Time I Lied (in progress)
- The Raven's Tale (in progress)
- That Kind of Guy ★★★★★
- In Darkness, Delight (in progress)
- The Bride Test
- The Right Swipe
- The Princess and the Fangirl
- Cruel Works of Nature (in progress
- Bones
- Ragged Alice
- Fruits Basket, Vol. 3 (reread)
- Croquette y Empanada ★★★☆☆
- Nocturnal ★★★★☆

———

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson The Art of Losing by Lizzy Mason Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3) by Talia Hibbert In Darkness, Delight Masters of Midnight (Volume 1) by Josh Malerman The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2) by Helen Hoang The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1) by Alisha Rai The Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon a Con, #2) by Ashley Poston Cruel Works of Nature 11 Illustrated Horror Novellas by Gemma Amor Bones by Andrew Cull Ragged Alice by Gareth L. Powell Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 3 by Natsuki Takaya Croquette Empanada The Book Romeo Would Have Given Juliet by Ana Oncina Nocturnal by Wilder Poetry

Gemma ♕ Bookish Gems (bookishgems) | 20 comments I already have a pretty strict TBR for this weekend because of some things I'm already doing so I'm not going to the challenges this time round!

But I'm definitely in for the readathon!

I should be reading Obsidio and maybe starting Starfall after. I'm also going to read either Thornhill or Steel Prince this weekend!

message 11: by Dana (new)

Dana Cristiana (silvermoon1923) This time I'm trying to make it!

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard Pretty Little Liars (In Progress).
LONGEVITY by Rolf Margenau Longevity (ARC In Progress).
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad Heart of Darkness (In Progress).
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (In Progress).

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 23, 2019 02:47AM) (new)

I'm in 😊 This is my tbr for the rest of the month. I'm currently reading Words Of Radiance(as of Thursday morning I'm on page 758 of 1097). As for the challenges Words of Radiance has yellow and rockbud(rocks that have flowers(that hide most of the time) on them) on the cover. Words of Radiance has also had some funny parts and jokes.

Words of Radiance 5🌟 4-9 to 4-18
Edgedancer 5🌟 4-19
Oathbringer
Carousel Tides

Thursday 18th
Words Of Radiance
Starting Page: 758
Ending Page: 1081
Pages Read: 323

Friday 19th
Edgedancer(ebook)(part of Arcanum Unbound)(novella)
Starting Page: 572
Ending Page: 721
Pages Read: 149

Saturday 20th
Oathbringer
Starting Page: 1
Ending Page: 29
Pages Read: 28

Sunday 21st
Oathbringer
Starting Page: 29
Ending Page: 29
Pages Read: 0

Monday 22nd
Oathbringer
Starting Page: 29
Ending Page: 53
Pages Read: 24

Total For Readathon
Pages Read: 524
Books Read: 2

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

destiny ♡⚔♡ wrote: "I work Thursday but then I have a three-day weekend, so I know I'll probably come home Thursday and stay up late reading! Obviously I won't finish all of these, but here's the list I'll be likely c..."

destiny ♡⚔♡ wrote: "I work Thursday but then I have a three-day weekend, so I know I'll probably come home Thursday and stay up late reading! Obviously I won't finish all of these, but here's the list I'll be likely c..."

Have you seen the new Fruit's Basket anime?

message 14: by Theresa (last edited Apr 21, 2019 10:34AM) (new)

Theresa (treemarie87) | 11 comments This is perfect, absolutely perfect, timing! So much to catch up on and so little time.

My TBR:
A Storm of Swords (personal, in progress)

Pride and Prejudice (school, not started)

11/22/63 (personal, in progress) I know I won't finish this one, but I was supposed to finish it in February (whoops)

The Dark Descent (school, in progress) We usually read like ten short stories a week and with only two weeks left I would like to bang out all twenty this weekend so I just have to write the papers for the following weekend.

Truth be told if I get even half of this done I will be happy.

4/18
ASOS - 1.75 hours

4/19
ASOS - 5.25 hours

4/20
The Dark Descent - 23 pages
Life Will Be the Death of Me - 3 hours

Finished:
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin

message 15: by Erin (last edited Apr 23, 2019 07:38AM) (new)

Erin  | 8 comments 4/18: My Hero by Debbie Macomber
Total:312pages

4/19: Sullivan's Woman by Nora Roberts 58pages, The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice 85pages, Becoming Beyoncé The Untold Story by J. Randy Taraborrelli 80pages
Total:223pages

4/20: Becoming Beyoncé The Untold Story by J. Randy Taraborrelli
Total:136pages

4/21: Becoming Beyoncé The Untold Story by J. Randy Taraborrelli
Total:112pages

4/22: Becoming Beyoncé The Untold Story by J. Randy Taraborrelli 166pages, The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice 19pages
Total:185pages

Total Pages:968pages
Books Finished: My Hero by Debbie Macomber Becoming Beyoncé The Untold Story by J. Randy Taraborrelli

message 16: by Laura (thebookcorps) (last edited Apr 22, 2019 05:52AM) (new)

Laura (thebookcorps) | 12 comments Ooh five days! I'm definitely going to be joining! I'm going to try and read the next three books I have planned for #UnsolvedAThon readathon, which actually match with the spring-themed prompts!

1. A book with a bright or pastel colour on the cover:
Darkling by Brooklyn Ray -- the cover is a pretty blue and silver colour

2. A book that makes you laugh:
Traitor's Moon by Lynn Flewelling -- this is the third book in the Nightrunner series and Seregil always makes me laugh!

3. A book with flowers on the cover:
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon -- there's a small red flower on the cover!

Plus I'm going to finish the book I'm currently reading: The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

TBR:

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers Darkling (Port Lewis Witches, #1) by Brooklyn Ray Traitor's Moon (Nightrunner, #3) by Lynn Flewelling The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon

Reading updates:

Thursday:
- Finished The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers - 2.5 stars. Enjoyable due to the worldbuilding and some characters, but there is absolutely no plot.
- Started Traitor's Moon and loving it so far!
- Pages read: 125

Friday:
- Started The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, and read 172 pages. Loving it so far!
- Only read about 20 pages of Traitor's Moon. :(
- Pages read: 192

Saturday:
- Read 121 pages of The Bone Season -- I intend to finish it all tomorrow
- Read 87 pages of Traitor's Moon - I doubt I'm going to finish this book by the end of the readathon, so I might read the final book on my TBR, Darkling, in one sitting tomorrow as it's a novella
- Pages read: 208

Sunday:
- Finished The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - 4 stars! Loved it, but sometimes was a bit confusing
- Started and finished Darkling by Brooklyn Ray - 4 stars! Super enjoyable, atmospheric and cool
- Pages read: 299

Monday:
- Read 122 pages of Traitor's Moon. Won't be able to finish the book by the end of the readathon but I least I read 55% of it!
- I also started a book that wasn't on my TBR: The Soldier's Scoundrel by Cat Sebastian! Read 186 pages and it's amazing! Also won't be able to finish it in time, but I still read heaps
- Pages read: 308

Wrap up:

Books read: 3
Still in progress: 2 (but only 1 was on official TBR)
Total pages read: 1,132

message 17: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitisbooked) | 24 comments My first weekend off work this week since the Christmas/New Years break so I'm keen to get some solid reading done! I'm pretty busy on Thursday so I might not get as much reading done on Thursday as I would like.

I don't think I'll participate in the challenges this round, just because I really need to finish the two books I'm currently reading. If I finish these during the readathon, then I'll definitely look to start a book that meets a challenge!

So I'm currently reading Miracle Creek and still reading The Survivor.

message 18: by Sionna (last edited Apr 17, 2019 04:47AM) (new)

Sionna (simplystrange) | 47 comments I tend to never stick with my TBRs for these things, so for the most part I think I'll keep my goals loose.

I do want to read The Mercenary's Bounty (Age of the Andinna, #2) by Kristen Banet and possibly Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning
I want to read 3 books from my Netgalley approvals, such as...
Binti The Complete Trilogy by Nnedi Okorafor The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman Cruel Fate (Cainsville, #5.6) by Kelley Armstrong When Summer Ends by Jessica Pennington You Asked for Perfect by Laura Silverman Finder by Suzanne Palmer

So very excited for this three day weekend to commence ^_^

message 19: by Olga (new)

Olga Zelenova | 41 comments WOOHOO!!

So, as it turns out, two of my current reads match the prompts!

Pretty Monsters Stories by Kelly Link has flowers on the cover
No Way Home A Memoir of Life on the Run by Tyler Wetherall has pastels on the cover

I may finish one of them today, though, so who knows if I'll count them for the readathon. The rest of my readathon TBR is galleys that I NEED to read ASAP.

The Charmer in Chaps (Princes of Texas #1) by Julia London
Revolutionaries by Joshua Furst
The Den by Abi Maxwell

message 20: by Bri (new)

Bri (spookyreadsbybri) | 10 comments I am so excited! I was wondering when the next one would be I look forward to these readathons-

I have vowed to myself to not create a TBR but just picking up whatever book is calling my name next! I'll be updating what I've finished throughout the readathon :)

message 21: by Caylynn (last edited Apr 22, 2019 06:24PM) (new)

Caylynn | 10 comments So excited!! I'll probably post my list tonight! It's my birthday weekend though (21 on Saturday, YAY), so it'll only be a couple of books.

Bright/Pastel Color on Cover Prompt
-Made You Up

Book That Made You Smile/Laugh
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

Flowers on Cover
-Grim Lovelies

Read
- The Devil's Thief
- Sadie
-Finish Four Dead Queens
-------------------------

Total Pages/Day
Thursday, April 18th: 445pgs
Friday, April 19th: 202pgs
Saturday, April 20th: 20pgs
Sunday, April 21st: 533pgs
Monday, April 22nd:

Updates
04/18, 8:24pm- Finished Four Dead Queens, so now I'm working on The Subtle Art.
04/19, 4:01pm- Flew through The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck last night, so I've been bingeing The Devil's Thief today.
04/21, 2:14am- Spent all day Saturday celebrating my birthday, so i read practically nothing. I'm buckling down on Sunday after I've woken up and reading as much as possible!
04/21, 10:51pm- Got distracted today by watching GOT reactions lol, so I was only able to finish one book.
04/22, 8:23pm- Finished Sadie (more like blazed through it!) So now I'm working on Grim Lovelies

Julia (ten_thousand_books) | 1 comments I’m gonna try to do this! I have my books picked out already! I’ll be in Ottawa from Thursday to Monday with crappy wifi so this is perfect 😅

Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods* (marcthedarc) You're killing me. Oh well, at least I have a 4-day weekend off, if the kids will let me read. I will try to finish a slog of a book, half-way done with 200+ pages to go (it reads like twice as many), +/- a novella or two. No spring prompts.

Reading plans:
Finish This Scepter'd Isle
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
The Dream-Quest of Vellitt Boe

message 24: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (omigodtrina) | 16 comments I received an ARC for the Dragon Republic by R. F. Kuang and I plan to just devour this book this weekend. I'd like to say that I'll read others along with it (especially since the prompts for this readathon are so cute) but... I don't think anything else could hold my attention right now. My desperation to know what is going to happen to these characters I've fallen in love with since the Poppy War is too great.

If I do manage to finish Dragon Republic before the readathon is up I'll probably jump on my next ARC which is of Nocturna by Maya Motayne!

message 25: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookdog99) | 89 comments I love doing these readathons!! My TBR this time might be a little ambitious but oh well, I'll see how many I can finish!!
TBR:
Fury Rising (dark inside 3) by Jeyn Roberts
Virals (Virals 1) by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs
Seizure (Virals 2)
Code (Virals 3)
Exposure (Virals 4)

message 26: by Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs (last edited Apr 22, 2019 07:01PM) (new)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 24 comments There can never be enough readathons!

1) a book with a bright or pastel color on the cover-- Alone by Cyn Balog NG-16%. One Last Prayer for the Rays

2) a book that makes you laugh (or smile, at least!)--Connect the Dots (Mah Jongg Mysteries Book 3) by Barbara BarrettCozy mystery for book blog tour April 23;

3) a book with flowers on the cover: Dead in the Garden (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #1) by Dahlia Donovan

Additional TBR:
From 46%-Twisted Tales from Tornado Alley--reviewing for author
White Bodies-Scribd
Blitzball-NG
Fire Sign
finish Eighteen Below-NG
ZONE 12--HG
Storm & Fury: A Storm & Fury Adventures Collection -HG
Friend Request--NG

Reading Progress:

April 18:
116 pp. Finished Twisted Tales from Tornado Alley-
Finished Rookwood Asylum: Supernatural Suspense with Scary & Horrifying Monsters--approx. 67' pp.
Read: Connect the Dots --257 pp.

April 19:
Read Bodies in a Bookshop--157 pp.
11% of Blitzball

April 20:
Storm & Fury: A Storm & Fury Adventures Collection 410 pp.
63% Unholy Dying-- . Of 144.
Reading The Coldwater Haunting--to 40%

April 21:
Unholy Dying--total 144 pp.
The Coldwater Haunting-451 pp.
Dead in the Garden-128 pp.

April 22:
Alone-16%
One Last Prayer for the Rays

message 27: by talia (new)

talia [bookishtaliaaa] (taliatreads) Finally will be able to participate because April 18th is when uni finals end! I'll be planning on reading some graphic novels -
(1) I've recently acquired the Legend graphic novel from Marie Lu (something that makes me smile)
(2) A Flash comic and probably Truly, Devious (something with bright red and yellow and blue and white covers)
Here's to the readathon!!

message 28: by Erika (new)

Erika (bookhoarder32) | 15 comments It's my birthday on Saturday (woo, 35, lol) and of course, Easter this weekend so I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done, but I started Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde on audio from Overdrive/Libby so I'm going to continue with that (have about 9 1/2 hours left). And I have books 3-7 of the Thursday Next series on hold at the library to pick up, but we all know how I am with pre-determined TBRs ;)

message 29: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Calarco | 5 comments My goal is to finish...

1. Severance by Ling Ma Severance by Ling Ma
2. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
3. Home (Binti, #2) by Nnedi Okorafor Home by Nnedi Okorafor

Two of them even have pastel colors! haha

message 30: by Erin (new)

Erin Thiem | 6 comments I'm so excited! I'm getting married in 2 weeks so my weekends have been pretty busy planning that, but since it's Easter weekend I think I'll have time to do a lot of reading! I already have a TBR I'm following for the OWLs readathon, so I'll be continuing on that!

1.Descendant of the Crane
I'll be starting this one tomorrow, and I'm beyond excited for it!

2. Starry Eyes
This is the audiobook I'm listening to. I just started it so I probably won't finish it, but I'll try and make good progress on it!

Jessica (Spooky KidLit & We Who Walk Here, Walk Alone) (spookykidlit) | 8 comments This is great timing, because I am even more panicked than usual about the state of my TBR and my backlogged blog posts! I"m going to read as much as I possibly can, and I'll be choosing from these books:

The Sorrows (in progress)
Storm of Locusts
A Penny For Your Thoughts
Four Tombstones
Little Darlings
Flowers of Mold & Other Stories
Trace
What Goes Up

I'm going to a lit festival at the end of the month (yay!), and I want to try to read these books beforehand because the authors will be there, so here's 3 more for the list:

Long Walk to Valhalla
Passing for Human: A Graphic Memoir
The Astonishing Color of After

That's all, no problem. *hyperventilates into paper sack*

message 32: by LaNona (new)

LaNona 1) a book with a bright or pastel color on the cover

TBR:

1 Still Deciding lol
2 Heir by Addison Carmichael
3 Snow in Summer by Jane Yolen

message 33: by Sammie (last edited Apr 20, 2019 06:12PM) (new)

Sammie (srbetler) | 6 comments Yay, new readathon! I panicked at first, thinking it was going to be short like last time (and realistically, I won't have much time to read tomorrow). But I can totally do five days (though, we'll see how much I actually get through because Easter).

Update: Wow, work is kicking my butt. Yay money, but jeez, overtime sucks. x.X

Guess I won't do prompts this time, because I have some books I really need to get through.

1. The Waking Forest (at 50% before the readathon, but I need to finish this, and it's slow going).
★★★☆☆
That ending was ... not what I was hoping for? Wasn't a big fan of the tone shift. LOVED the first two-thirds, but the last one-third really fell down for me. It felt too easy and tied up in a neat little happily ever after bow.

2. Illuminae

So, I totally started this on my Kindle from a library loan ... and this is not Kindle material, imo. Partly because my Kindle doesn't zoom, and it won't change the font in images, and this book is 100% images. So I promptly bought it, and just received it. I LOVE it so far, though.

3. Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow
Yes. Just yes. Everything is yes. Also, I'm not sure if Jupiter is supposed to have a British accent, but he totally does in my head. You know, the really lovely sort that's upbeat and lilts up at the end of words, as if it's making the language dance like a puppet on strings. *sigh*

4. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

5. Romanov

Will I get through all of these in the next five days? Heck no, especially with Illuminae being a giant of a book. But hey, dream big, right? xD

message 34: by Rita (new)

Rita (anarittafp) | 28 comments Woohoo, just in time for my 3-day weekend over Easter!! My goal is to finish my two current reads:

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli The Fever King (Feverwake, #1) by Victoria Lee

And then maybe I can squeeze these graphic novels in:

Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6) by John Allison

message 35: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Clayton (chelscey) | 16 comments Alright, I'm in! I have a few books I'm trying to push through and finish this month, so hopefully this'll help motivate me. I may not be able to participate all 5 days... But I'm going to pick at LEAST (maybe more) one day where it's all reading. Here's the TBR!

Picture Us in the Light by Kelly Loy Gilbert (pastel and bright colors on the cover challenge!)
Sophie Last Seen by Marlene Adelstein
Curses of Scale by S.D. Reeves
Starry Messenger (Opportvnvs Adest, #1) by Ethan Howard
Saga, Vol. 8 by Brian K. Vaughan (I'm hoping this makes me laugh? Smile at the least!)

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (literaryweaponry) | 24 comments I’m in! I have family visiting this weekend so I probably won’t have time to read much but I hope to finish-

Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte

message 37: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 18 comments I'm hoping to finish The Astonishing Colour of After over the weekend and starting The Hazel Wood. But I won't be doing much reading because, well, it's Easter.

Jamie wrote: "destiny ♡⚔♡ wrote: "I work Thursday but then I have a three-day weekend, so I know I'll probably come home Thursday and stay up late reading! Obviously I won't finish all of these, but here's the l..."

Not yet! I'm torn between finishing my series reread before watching it or not. 😂 You?

Laura wrote: "Ooh five days! I'm definitely going to be joining! I'm going to try and read the next three books I have planned for #UnsolvedAThon readathon, which actually match with the spring-themed prompts!
..."

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Bone Season! It took me a little bit (like 50-75pg) to get into and then I LOVED it and flew through it.

Bri wrote: "I am so excited! I was wondering when the next one would be I look forward to these readathons-

I have vowed to myself to not create a TBR but just picking up whatever book is calling my name next..."

I like this plan! I have my list to pick from but I don't think I'm going to strictly hold myself to any of them. :D

Marc wrote: "You're killing me. Oh well, at least I have a 4-day weekend off, if the kids will let me read. I will try to finish a slog of a book, half-way done with 200+ pages to go (it reads like twice as man..."

Good luck with the kiddos and the slow book! That's a bad combo for me, mixed with my ADHD - I pretty much have to have something exciting when my son is around, otherwise I'll just get distracted! 😂

talia wrote: "Finally will be able to participate because April 18th is when uni finals end! I'll be planning on reading some graphic novels -
(1) I've recently acquired the Legend graphic novel from Marie Lu (..."

YAAAAAY! Congrats on finishing your finals! :D I hope they've been going well!

Erika wrote: "It's my birthday on Saturday (woo, 35, lol) and of course, Easter this weekend so I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done, but I started Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde on audio from Overdrive/..."

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAAAAAAYYYYYYY!

Erin wrote: "I'm so excited! I'm getting married in 2 weeks so my weekends have been pretty busy planning that, but since it's Easter weekend I think I'll have time to do a lot of reading! I already have a TBR ..."

Congratulations!!!!

Sammie wrote: "Yay, new readathon! I panicked at first, thinking it was going to be short like last time (and realistically, I won't have much time to read tomorrow). But I can totally do five days (though, we'll..."

ILLUMINAE! I hope you love it. They are huge books but they fly by if you enjoy them. That's one of my all time favorite series!

Kelly wrote: "I'm hoping to finish The Astonishing Colour of After over the weekend and starting The Hazel Wood. But I won't be doing much reading because, well, it's Easter."

The Astonishing Color of After. 😭💕 BRB while I cry every time I think about that beautiful book. How are you liking it?

Samantha 🌻 (sammybug000) I won’t be participating in this one since I’ll be busy, however, I LOVE the idea of this readathon.
I also like looking at what people will be reading.
Thanks Destiny for creating this and the idea!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

@Destiny I haven't read the manga yet. The original anime was one of the first anime's I loved, we've watched the new episodes and love it. I heard the new anime is supposed to follow the manga closer and have an ending. The first anime didn't really end with any answers since the manga wasnt done yet.

message 49: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 44 comments I'm in, for a few of the days at least. I want to finish Scythe and Better Late Than Never, after that I'm not sure. I'm going to look through my to-read piles and see if I have anything for the spring prompts.

message 50: by Sionna (new)

Sionna (simplystrange) | 47 comments Glenda wrote: "I'm in, for a few of the days at least. I want to finish Scythe and Better Late Than Never, after that I'm not sure. I'm going to look through my to-read piles and s..."
I loved Scythe!! I hope you enjoy it :)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.