What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Jade Green
This topic is about Jade Green
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Murder Mystery about a Ghost hand. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tambrey (last edited Apr 16, 2019 07:34PM) (new)

Tambrey Davis | 2 comments I read this book back in sometime between 2006 -2013. I think it was school related but i digress.

The story follows a young woman who has lost her immediate family and is forced to live with a distant rich male family member. throughout her stay she finds evidence of a previous young woman who stayed with the rich male family member but isn't around. The main young woman starts to witness signs of paranormal activity and eventually witnessing a disembodied malicious ghost hand. She tries to talk to the servants about the hand only to come up empty handed. Later she would find a lock box(?) with all sorts of evidence about the girl and would learn that the rich male family member cut off the hand murdered the young woman when she refused to have relations with him. The rich man would then try to kill the main character for discovering his secret only to be murdered by the ghost hand. The murdered woman would be free from her purgatory and the main character I think also gets a happy ending. I believe there was talk about the murder woman having green gloves, which would come up again and again, The setting i think was great britain, time period was late 1800's early 1900's.

message 2: by Meghan Rose (new) - added it

Meghan Rose | 23 comments oh I've totally read this! Jade Green, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

message 3: by Rosa (last edited Apr 16, 2019 07:26PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Jade Green, yes.

message 4: by Tambrey (new)

Tambrey Davis | 2 comments Thank yall both for helping me out! I read this so long ago and for some reason something triggered a wave of memories bringing this book back from the pits of my brain!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments All credit to Meghan Rose!

message 6: by Meghan Rose (new) - added it

Meghan Rose | 23 comments haha you're welcome! i probably read this 20 years ago but it still crawls up to grab me. every time I'm scared of something i remember this book and I'm like "or maybe it just wants to be my friend!"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jade Green (other topics)