I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for May's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KaitLphere (new)

KaitLphere | 179 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our May Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is "non-English language (translated)."

Titles nominated this month must have been translated into English from some other language. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kait, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2019 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Grant Morrison.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar and the 2019 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom | 149 comments Asterix the Gaul by Goscinny and Uderzo

message 4: by Jakub (new)

Jakub Kvíz | 16 comments Beautiful Darkness Absolute gem and one of the best book I've read in 2018!

message 5: by Oneirosophos (last edited Apr 17, 2019 03:10AM) (new)

Oneirosophos | 35 comments Blue Is the Warmest Color

:D

I would recommend Blake & Mortimer, Asterix, Lucky Luke & Tintin but the first tomes are not that good. Especially in Blake & Mortimer and Tintin are close to unreadable due to their oldness. :(

message 7: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

message 8: by Jorge (new)

Jorge Williams | 12 comments Christopher wrote: "Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 1: The Assassin's Road"

I second this nomination, never read it but the first time I saw the movie I was blown away.

message 9: by Axel (new)

Axel | 15 comments Part one of "The Exploits of Kurt Dunder":

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 119 comments I second Beautiful Darkness!

message 11: by Adam (new)

Adam M (adamagain) | 38 comments also came here to nominate Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 1: The Assassin's Road, so third-ed...?

message 12: by Phil (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.