What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teens, circa 1964, realistic fiction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (emeadows317) | 3 comments Story was about a girl who admired/resented another girl without knowing her, thinking she's phony. She finally discovers the girl is likable, and that her dislike was the result of her own insecurity, when the girl started crying after she had been emotionally bullied by other girls, although the reason is fuzzy in my memory. I've retained a memory of a short passage..."[Name of girl, three or four syllables, possibly beginning with A and ending in IA--Aurelia? or something similar}'s mascara didn't run. She wasn't wearing any." referring to what was actually her natural, not phony beauty. Book title may have been the girl's name.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Elizabeth ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Rosa (last edited Nov 25, 2019 12:07AM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments “Minnow” Vail, possibly?

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (emeadows317) | 3 comments Kate wrote: "Elizabeth ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will ..."

Thanks, Kate!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (emeadows317) | 3 comments Rosa wrote: "“Minnow” Vail, possibly?"

Not quite, but many thanks, and now I'm intrigued and will try to find that one. ;-)