Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Read Romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S. (new)

S. Eli (selithewriter) | 12 comments Hello! I do some beta reading work and am a long time reader of romance and a long time critiquer of unpublished manuscripts. I also offer paid services, but I'm free anyway haha PWYW

Please PM me w the summary of your work and the word count. I have a quick turnaround depending on how many slots I have available (and I am a graduate student, so not really quick around finals).

message 2: by Ravi (new)

Ravi  Krish (ravikrish) | 17 comments Seeking Beta Readers/Reviewers for my Literary Fiction - An Epic Saga of Romance, Action Adventure Sports Rivalry and Internaitonal Intrigue

Hi S,

It is my pleasure to introduce myself. I have recently taken a new avatar - as a writer after many years of pursuing several lines of business every few years.
I had completed my first Book - 'An Other Tale of Two Cities - In the Dragon's Lair' about 3 years back. I have been regularly improving the book based on feedback from my friends in the last 2 years. I think it has reached the Beta stage, ready for the last edits before publishing.

I am glad that you are offering your Beta reading to authors. I hope my work meets your interests.

'An Other Tale of Two Cities - In the Dragon's Lair,' is an epic saga - an intense Action-Adventure-Romance - that explores the sporting, cultural and political traditions, and exposes the contrasts and the rivalry between two modern nations and their strong personalities. Bordering on the Literary and told eloquently, the passionate ‘Tale’ offers several heart and mind whelming moments as also thrilling roller-coaster rides between Chennai in India and Shanghai in China.

A short back cover view of the book...

Two talented Table Tennis players, Kula and Jay set out on their journey from a small town near Chennai (previously Madras), India to win Gold at the 'Games' at Shanghai, China, against a formidable Chinese team. Along their journey they discover true and eternal friendship with Li Ling, a member of the Chinese Table Tennis team, who joins their magical voyage, highlighted by triangular love, humour and sacrifice.
They are constantly subverted by a bitter loser, a vengeful, vicious and venemous Deng. Soon, thanks to the adversary and his Godfather, a powerful ruling elite with his own ambition to become President, Kula is accused of stealing Chinese National secrets and as an Indian agent. He and his Chinese girlfriend, Li are on the run to escape the police dragnet and sure gallows for both. They are chased into the Shanghai suburbs by their nemesis and a shoot-out ensues...
Do the trio survive the 'waves of attack' of the persistent Deng?
‘Meet the dragon’, they did!!! But, beat the dragon, did they??? Be there ‘to watch from the front row’ each of their fights for possible Gold at the 'Games' at Shanghai!
Does Lt. Gen. Ping save the Chinese President from impeachment and an attempted coup?
Someone commented earlier, ‘Kula’s love will not get consummated’! Does the prophesy (or curse!) come true?
And who wins Kula eventually? Jay or Li? And how?

It’s a long book. (Almost 126,000+ words). The plot spans across Chennai and Shanghai, back and forth. The weakness is, it can’t be confined to one single genre. In fact, it has several story lines, each touching a different genre, while primarily a Romantic Adventure-Action, and the setting is sports (unsporting?) rivalry with a lot of Political drama (Domestic and International) and diplomacy. May be it is its strength!

I wanted someone expert to review and say if it’s good to publish. Who my readers would be? Who would be interested as a publisher? Also needed help to edit (copy edit? proof reading? I don’t know the difference). Can that someone help me get my book published?

I hope this subject interests you and you could help as a Beta Reader and reviewer. I hope I can get your answers to my questions.

As a rule, I don't wish to pay for read and comment on my book, which is yet to publish. I can assure you to expressly thank all those who supported my book, by reading and giving me feedback. If youare interested, I will send you the latest version of the book for your Beta review.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Ravi Krish
Author
'An Other Tale of Two cities - In the Dragon's Lair'