What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

High Risk
This topic is about High Risk
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance/erotic Female journalist send to hometown, meets “angry “ former military guy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Jensen | 2 comments I’ve read the book a few years ago, but it may been published a long time ago.
I think it’s part of a series where each book revolves around someone’s love story but each book has a character that is the next books main character.
So the book I remember clearly is about a female journalist who is send to her hometown to write a story about an elderly lady who claims she used to host orgies in the olden days where even a president participated.
The journalist hates going to this town because it is the home of her old abusive Forster family.
It takes place in the winter time because snow canceled all flights out of there. So she stays in a hotel.
Our male main character is an former military man, who now works as private security. He has PTSD I think. He was thought to be dead, and in that time his ex wife moved on.
Now he lives in a cabin outside the town in the woods with his dog. He goes to town for supplies and ends up in the bar of the hotel the journalist lives in.
They end up having a one night stand, because they are both lonely and emotionally a wreck.
They meet again randomly and somehow sparks fly. I don’t remember the details. I do remember that at one point they are at his cabin and she runs away on a jet ski, but almost ends up dead because of the cold weather. He finds and saves her. Warms her with naked body. The power is out so he only have fireplace and body heat.

He ends up helping her tackle the old foster family so they never can be responsible for children again. (I remember something about a burning house when she confronted the foster family)
She helped the main male character getting his joy for life back.

I remember from the previous book in the series, that at some point, there is a hostage situation, in the middle east I think. It ends well and the couple ends up adopting a kid. I think it is in this hostage situation we meet this books main charecter because he helps. He is hired to help because of military background, and this is where we think he dies in plane crash.

message 3: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Jensen | 2 comments Yes! That’s it, thank you so much!

message 4: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2376 comments You're welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

High Risk (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Simona Ahrnstedt (other topics)