The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Mystery/Crime set in Ethiopia?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MissLemon (new)

MissLemon  (misslemon) | 252 comments I'm doing an around the world challange and having trouble finding a book I like the look of set in Ethiopia.

I don't solely read books from this groups genre and I have borrowed Beneath the Lion's Gazefrom the library but I'm having trouble getting into it. So I thought I'd try and find something Crime based, preferably cosy but will consider anything.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks

message 2: by Thomas (new)

message 4: by MissLemon (new)

MissLemon  (misslemon) | 252 comments Thomas wrote: "Try Clawhammer"
Thanks , that looks interesting, but unclear from the description whether all ( or most) of the book is actually set in Ethiopia ?

message 5: by MissLemon (new)

MissLemon  (misslemon) | 252 comments Lena wrote: "My Soul to Keep"
Oh my, that would be outside my comfort zone ! I don't usually read 'horror' but I'm willing to give it a go 🙂

But the same query as to Thomas in previous post, does most of the action take place actually in Ethiopia, it's unclear from the description as the MC is living in the USA? Thanks

message 6: by Lena (new)

Lena | 101 comments The MC does currently live in the US. There are flashbacks to his time as a slave and his origin in Addis Ababa. The descriptions of the place amazed me. I had never heard of their stone church - Lalibela.

message 7: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1471 comments Carolyn wrote: "Thomas wrote: "Try Clawhammer"
Thanks , that looks interesting, but unclear from the description whether all ( or most) of the book is actually set in Ethiopia ?"

Most of it takes place in Ethiopia.

message 8: by MissLemon (new)

MissLemon  (misslemon) | 252 comments Thank you both 🙂