What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy, Sarcastic cat guide (god?) scene in wilderness clearing, male protagonist

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Kissane | 2 comments So I have a very specific scene stuck in my head from a book that I read sometime before 2015, but after 2010. The book had a fantasy setting, a different world. The scene featured the male protagonist going wandering through the wilderness with a group of people. At night he wanders off into a clearing and encounters a sort of spirit/god large cat, like a panther or a jaguar. I feel like the cat was described to look like it's fur was made of stars? The cat was female and sarcastic, and she gave the male a quest that slightly conflicted with the quest that he was already on with his group of people. The cat threatened him and gave him a certain amount of time to complete this task. I don't actually remember if I ever finished this book, so I'm not entirely sure how this quest turned out. The whole exchange between the cat and the man was full of sarcasm, but not in a modern way. The man clearly didn't want to do the cat's bidding, but felt like he should. I feel like I read this around the same time that I was reading both Game of Thrones and American Gods, and I'm not sure if this is a weird combination of several books that I could be thinking of. Thank you for your help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32025 comments Mod
The Ring of Allaire by Susan Dexter based on this review - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ?

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com fantasy "sarcastic cat" quest)

message 3: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Kissane | 2 comments No, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that book before, but I might add it to my list based on the summary haha. Thank you though!

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Jay | 8 comments In the hand of the goddess / Tamors Pierce comes to mind, however only one or two things you say match...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ring of Allaire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Dexter (other topics)