Around the World in 80 Books discussion

My Grandmother: A Memoir
This topic is about My Grandmother
Group Reads Discussions > Discussion for My Grandmother: A Memoir

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 2: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol (carolfromnc) | 1007 comments Here’s a link to the wiki bio of Fethiye Cetin. It’s quite interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethi...

Missy J (missyj333) | 229 comments Thanks to this book club that I learned about this book. I gave it 5 stars. It was a very touching memoir about a part of history that I didn't know about. I loved that the author focused on telling her grandmother's story instead of blaming.

〰️Beth〰️ (x1f4a0bethx1f4a0) | 18 comments I am just starting this memoir. Just the forward by the translator was interesting and informative.

Monique | 10 comments This was a lovely book that I'm so glad I read. I'd heard of it in passing by some Christians who feel they're being persecuted the world over and referenced this book as an example. I thought this book was heartfelt and informative on history that I wasn't aware of until recently.

Rosemarie | 3014 comments Now that I have read your comments, Monique, I will be moving the book further up on my tbr list.

Monique | 10 comments Monique wrote: "This was a lovely book that I'm so glad I read. I'd heard of it in passing by some Christians who feel they're being persecuted the world over and referenced this book as an example. I thought this..."

That's great, Rosemarie. I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Rosemarie | 3014 comments I liked the grandmother. She reminded me of my Oma in Germany. She was also short and feisty, and a vital member of the family.

The granmother was a survivor, and sounded like a forgiving and caring person. Her family also appreciated and cherished her.

It is a moving little book.