What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > mystery book I think about a husband & wife that adopt the baby of a woman that then becomes their new maid and the husband has an affair with her.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Avirom (rjavirom) | 1 comments I can't tell you what year I read this book because I don't remember. It has to be in the last 10-15 years.
It starts with this woman that is treated like a very young girl by her hitman boyfriend/lover. She finds out she is pregnant and she knows he wont let her keep the baby so she flees from him. She ends up giving the baby for adoption and picks this couple because she falls in love with the picture of the husband. She starts to follow them and learn everything she can about the couple while also deciding how to win him over.
The husband I want to say works for the government or is a lawyer or something like that and loves his wife. They end up adopting a baby girl and his wife can longer do the things they once did because she is involved with raising the baby. Meanwhile they either hire the girl as a maid or nanny or his secretary or something like that and she slowly starts to emulate the wife to seduce him. They begin to have an affair.
The hitman ends up tracking her and ends up killing the husband and that's all I remember. I feel like this all happens in the first half of the book.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Rachel ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!