HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1158 comments Mod
Hello everyone, 

Hope all is well at your end :-)

You are all requested to please suggest Contemporary Romance books for us to read in the month of July, 2019 :-)

You have till 15th June, 2019 to nominate the books that you wish to.

Each one of you can nominate maximum two books. (Authors are welcome to nominate their own books as well.)

Please note that if no books are nominated till the required date then this topic will be closed to new comments and there will be no group read for this month.

On 16th June, 2019 the list of all the nominated books will be posted here and you can vote on any book you wish to till 25th June, 2019.

Each one of you can vote on only one book from the list. It can be any book on the list, either a book nominated by someone else or one of your own nominated books. (Authors are welcome to vote on their own books as well.)

On 26th June, 2019, the book with the highest number of votes will be selected (as a group moderator, I reserve the right to break any ties that might occur) and announced here

...along with the link to the discussion thread where you can describe your reading experiences regarding that book.

Please keep in mind that while the books we discuss don't have to be squeaky clean but it would be highly preferable if they do not contain too many explicit scenes either ...as 'Erotic Romance' or 'Erotica' is not included in the list of sub-genres that are discussed in the group.

In other words, on the scale of 1 to 5, with 1 as 'Clean' and 5 as 'Erotica', it would be advisable if books rating more than 3 are avoided in the group reads.

The same goes for graphic violence. On the scale of 1 to 5, with 1 as 'no graphic violence' and 5 as 'full of graphic violence', it would be advisable if books rating more than 3 are avoided in the group reads.

The same goes for profanity. On the scale of 1 to 5, with 1 as 'no profanity' and 5 as 'full of profanity', it would be advisable if books rating more than 3 are avoided in the group reads.

Please try not to make your comments too specific in the discussion but if you would like to mention certain revelatory facts about the story, then please use the spoiler feature.*

Looking forward to your participation :-)

Thanks ...and happy reading! :-)

--Ramla Zareen
(Author of The One for Me by Ramla Zareen Ahmad The One for Me)

*spoiler feature: < spoiler>...< /spoiler>
There wouldn't be a space after the two front brackets, but I have put them there so that the formula shows up. 

message 2: by SA (new)

SA Dar | 16 comments Nominations:

1. Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev

2. Sustained by Emma Chase

:)

message 3: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hi,

I nominate:

1) What He Wants by Jessie Gussman

2) Bollywood Fiancé For A Day by Ruchi Vasudeva

Thank you :-)

message 5: by Shoba (new)

Shoba Sadler Hi just curious, how do we get the chosen book to read? Will the author provide a copy if the book is selected?

message 6: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hi Shoba,

The group read merely offers a platform where members, who're interested in reading a certain book, can read it together at a given month and can share their reading experience with one another on an established discussion thread. 

I guess the author, if they're self-published and know about the group read, can offer free copies if they wish to, but usually the members are responsible for getting the books (either from libraries or bookstores) on their own. 

Hope this answers your question!

Thank you :-)

message 7: by Shoba (new)

Shoba Sadler Thank you Ramla. I'd like to nominate my two books, if possible and happy to supply a FREE digital copy if chosen:

1) Child Of Dust https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

2) Love's Treacherous Terrain https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 8: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 15 comments Thanks, Ramla.

I will nominate my book - The Love Flight if it qualifies, LOL :)

The heat level is 3.

The Love Flight https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 9: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Mariyam wrote: "Thanks, Ramla.

I will nominate my book - The Love Flight if it qualifies, LOL :)"

Sure Mariyam, it sounds interesting :-)

message 10: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Shoba wrote: "Thank you Ramla. I'd like to nominate my two books, if possible and happy to supply a FREE digital copy if chosen"

Thanks Shoba, that's very generous of you :-)

message 11: by Adite (new)

Adite | 29 comments Hi Ramla and Fellow Group Members,
I nominate my book - No Safe Zone. It's a romantic thriller.No Safe Zone
Cheers,
Adite

message 12: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hi Adite,

Thank you so much for the nomination. I really appreciate your participation :-)

We will be reading Romantic Suspense in the month of August. Please feel free to nominate your book in the following discussion thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

For July, it would be great if you could please nominate any Contemporary Romance you wish to :-)

Thanks again,
Ramla Zareen

message 13: by Adite (last edited Jun 11, 2019 09:37PM) (new)

Adite | 29 comments Oh, great. Thanks for letting me know. In contemporary romance, I'd like to nominate Wedding Shenanigans. Thank you! Wedding Shenanigans: Or, how Rayna grapples with heartbreak, scandal and a hot hotelier

message 14: by Adite (new)

Adite | 29 comments Thank you, Ramla! :)

message 15: by Ramla Zareen (new)

You're welcome, Adite. Thanks for the nomination :-)

message 16: by Meenal (new)

Meenal Vardan She loves me, he loves me not by zeenat Mahal

message 17: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hi Meenal,

Thank you so much for the nomination. I really appreciate your participation :-)

The group already read She Loves Me, He Loves Me Not by Zeenat Mahal in June, 2017

Here's the link to the discussion thread if you'd like to add something about the book:

Please feel free to nominate any other Contemporary Romance you wish to for July, 2019 :-)

Thanks and Happy Reading! :-)

message 18: by Ramla Zareen (new)

PS: Those interested can find out which books have already been read by the group by visiting the group's bookshelf. Thanks! :-)

message 19: by Ramla Zareen (new)

NOMINATED BOOKS:

1) A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev

2) Sustained by Emma Chase

3) What He Wants by Jessie Gussman

4) Bollywood Fiancé For A Day by Ruchi Vasudeva 

5) Just One of the Groomsmen by Cindi Madson

6) Smitten by the Brit by Melonie Johnson

7) Child Of Dust by Shoba Sadler

8) Love's Treacherous Terrain by Shoba Sadler

9) The Love Flight: A Travel Romance by Mariyam Hasnain

10) Wedding Shenanigans: Or, how Rayna grapples with heartbreak, scandal and a hot hotelier by Adite Banerjie 

message 20: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 15 comments I vote for - The Love Flight

message 21: by Reet (new)

Reet Singh Wedding shenanigans

message 22: by Shoba (new)

Shoba Sadler I vote for Child of Dust

message 23: by SA (new)

SA Dar | 16 comments I vote - Just One of the Groomsmen by Cindi Madson

message 25: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well at your end :-)

As you all know, the last date to vote for a book for our July group read was 25th June. According to the schedule, the book with the maximum votes should have been named as the selected book today (26th June).

However, this time there's a tie between four books, and I'd like your help to break it :-)

Here's what I've come up with: 

I'm writing down the shortlisted nominated books below. Please vote for any one of these books. The book which will get the first vote will be selected. 

Thank you! :-)

SHORTLISTED NOMINATED BOOKS:

1) Just One of the Groomsmen

2) Child Of Dust

3) The Love Flight: A Travel Romance

4) Wedding Shenanigans: Or, how Rayna grapples with heartbreak, scandal and a hot hotelier

message 26: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 12 comments Although I don't have a copy of it, I will vote for The Love Flight: A Travel Romance

message 27: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hi Tahera,

Thank you for helping me break the tie! :-)

message 28: by Ramla Zareen (new)

SELECTED BOOK:

The Love Flight: A Travel Romance The Love Flight A Travel Romance by Mariyam Hasnain by Mariyam Hasnain

Discussion Thread:

Thanks and Happy Reading! :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.