Springfield-Greene County Library District discussion

For Fans of "Game of Thrones"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Apr 15, 2019 04:59PM) (new)

Heather | 146 comments Mod
“Game of Thrones” returned to the screen on April 14 with the first episode of the eighth and final season. While you wait to see who will end up on the Iron Throne, here are some fantasy titles to read if you enjoy this epic TV series or the best-selling books it is based on. Have you read any of these? What are your favorite epic fantasy novels?

Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1) by Robin Hobb Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb (Farseer Trilogy)
The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series)
The Emperor's Blades (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #1) by Brian Staveley The Emperor's Blades by Brian Staveley (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne series)
The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time series)
His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik (Temeraire series)
The Iron King (The Accursed Kings, #1) by Maurice Druon The Iron King by Maurice Druon (Accursed Kings series)
Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence (The Broken Empire series)
The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons, #1) by Jenn Lyons The Ruin of Kings by Jenn Lyons (A Chorus of Dragons series)
Starborn (Worldmaker, #1) by Lucy Hounsom Starborn by Lucy Hounsom (Worldmaker Trilogy)
A Time of Dread (Of Blood and Bone #1) by John Gwynne A Time of Dread by John Gwynne (Of Blood and Bone series)

message 2: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (mirda) | 50 comments Mod
I love the Kingkiller Chronicle books by Patrick Rothfuss. I hear Lin Manuel Miranda is working on an adaptation, which is perfect since it's so music-focused!

message 3: by Gina (last edited Apr 26, 2019 02:10PM) (new)

Gina Miranda wrote: "I love the Kingkiller Chronicle books by Patrick Rothfuss. I hear Lin Manuel Miranda is working on an adaptation, which is perfect since it's so music-focused!"
I love them too! The first book, The Name of the Wind, is one of the best books I have ever read.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 33 comments I've wanted to read Patrick Rothfuss for a while now, but it sounds like I need to move him to the top of my to-read pile! Especially if Lin Manuel Miranda is involved now.