What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 90s YA/Teen Science Fiction Series, all unrelated stories, orphaned children alien planet raised by AI

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (last edited Apr 15, 2019 01:12PM) (new)

Brittany (brittburkard) I'm looking for a series from my childhood/preteen years; I would have read them in the mid to late 90s alongside stuff like Animorphs, Everworld, The Watchers, etc. I remember several of them creeped me out. Not R.L. Stine.

Science fiction books, all unrelated stories but under the same series title, not sure if they all have the same author. Covers were (usually) that amazing (lol) 90s computer generated graphics.

One book I can recall was about a group of children orphaned on a planet when a hoard of native insect-like creatures eats its way through town. The children are protected thanks to the school being a part of the old ship they used to get to the planet. The ship AI was their teacher and then takes on the role of being their guide once their parents are gone. (view spoiler)

Another book in the series was about some kids in a town with an archaeological dig site or museum nearby I believe? They start noticing strange plants growing and then people begin to get attacked by creatures. (view spoiler)

There were several others but I cannot recall much about them. I think there was one that had to do with a theme park or carnival also? Another with kids in a asylum or institution of some sort.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Brittany ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 210 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!