Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading April 15?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2051 comments Mod
This week I'm reading Artic Sun by Annabeth Albert.

message 2: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 357 comments Still working on Dukes Are Forever by Bec McMaster and Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett. I did read Junkyard Dog by Bijou Hunter over the weekend, it was outrageous and OTT with a hero and heroine who both are kinda horrible people. Despite that, I did enjoy it though!

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1228 comments Chocolatesoup wrote: "Still working on Dukes Are Forever by Bec McMaster and Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett. I did read Junkyard Dog by Bijou Hunter over the weekend, it was ..."

Is Bec McMaster the author who writes steampunk?

I can't believe you read a Bijou Hunter. You are a lot tougher than I am. I've heard about them. ;-)

message 4: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 357 comments Yes, Bec McMaster writes steampunk, PNR and she has an awesome dystopian fantasy series. She's super talented! I didn't know anything about Bijou Hunter other than reading a review for Junkyard Dog and reading it myself. What don't I know about Ms. Hunter's writing?? I didn't find the main characters to be particularly likable and they both did reprehensible things but it was also kind of funny.

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "Still working on Dukes Are Forever by Bec McMaster and Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett. I did read Junkyard Dog by Bijou Hunter ove..."

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 991 comments For a change of pace, I'm reading Liberty's Last Stand by Stephen Coonts.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1228 comments Chocolatesoup wrote: "Yes, Bec McMaster writes steampunk, PNR and she has an awesome dystopian fantasy series. She's super talented! I didn't know anything about Bijou Hunter other than reading a review for Junkyard Dog..."

I need to read more Bec McMaster, thanks for the info.

I could have my authors wrong. I thought Bijou Hunter wrote very rough around the edges, hard to relate, kind of romance.

message 7: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 357 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "Yes, Bec McMaster writes steampunk, PNR and she has an awesome dystopian fantasy series. She's super talented! I didn't know anything about Bijou Hunter other than reading a r..."

Hmm, yes I think I can agree with that assessment! I still found it entertaining and actually it wasn't very angsty either, not much of a black moment but plenty of black humor. I wouldn't want to be friends with either the hero or heroine and they wouldn't like me either ;-)

message 8: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Just finished The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne. I liked it a lot. I started Playing for Keeps by Jill Shalvis and hoping that's going to be a winner too. I love her women's fiction series set in Wildstone, California, but her series romances are hit or miss for me. This one got a lot of good reviews.

message 9: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1885 comments Mod
Irish, I've enjoyed Shalvis in the past but haven't loved her books with Avon for some reason. Not sure why.

I've been on an epic reread of Laura Griffin's Tracers series. Which I took a break from to read The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective by Kate Summerscale. Non-fiction about a Victorian murder case that was the basis for a ton of Victorian novels.