Books2Movies Club discussion

Le Petit Prince
This topic is about Le Petit Prince
Quick Reads > Le Petit Prince

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Zeljka (ztook) | 2962 comments Mod
I guess many of you had to read Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry for school. If you haven't, now it would be just the right time to read it.

It may seem easy to read, but it really requires attention and patience, something many kids don't really have nowadays, strained between their peers, social media statuses and school obligations. I know when I was a 10-year-old child, it seemed ridiculous to me, with supposedly deep messages I really didn't care to bother with. My school friends agreed with me (at least those who have actually read the book and whose opinions were worth listening to). Ten years later, the second reading gave me a totally different impression. I was amazed. Why in heavens did we dislike it so much back then? Was it our immaturity? Was it that the children are not really the target audience?

There are many adaptations around. I saw one when I was a child, but can't really remember which was it. I know only it was an animated feature, but among so many of them, I really don't know which it was. The easiest find for us now should be the newest French feature, Le Petit Prince (2015). If you've seen any other, please share with us your thoughts and recommendations!

Zeljka (ztook) | 2962 comments Mod
I actually started reading it again, did almost the third of the book, but stopped. Somehow I am not in the mood :/ Maybe it gets better later (otherwise I wouldn't like it at all that second time), but my heart really isn't in it now.