CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2019 Weekly Threads > Week 16- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 733 comments Mod
Thank you all for your lovely descriptions of your hometown libraries and the other libraries you've visited! It's always so much fun to discover new bookish places.

What is everyone reading this week? I finished The Staff of Moses over the weekend; I really enjoyed this local author read. There are a couple more books in the series so once I finish all the other library books I have checked out, I'm planning to read them. This week I have A Court of Thorns and Roses and then maybe finish my Lord of the Rings reread with The Return of the King.

Tell us what you are reading this week!

The Staff of Moses (Oliver Lucas Adventures Book 1) by Otto Linke A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien

message 2: by Ann (last edited Apr 15, 2019 12:57PM) (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 464 comments I just finished Thankless in Death by J.D. Robb. I've picked out my book of poems for the Take It or Leave It Challenge, and still want to finish reading The Headspace Guide to Meditation and Mindfulness.
Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb Bicycles by Nikki Giovanni The Headspace Guide to Meditation & Mindfulness by Andy Puddicombe

message 3: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I just finished The Silent Patient. Really good! Now I’ve started Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. Thrillers are the theme of the week for me I guess.
Also have to finish Verity (only available online. Not a physical book) which is quite disturbing.
For Audio, I started Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, but so far it’s like a dictionary reading name & description of beasts so I hope there is an actual story. 😂

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Horigan | 3 comments I just finished reading Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (It was amazing!!!) now onto God of Small Things and Murder on the Orient Express for April's Take it or Leave it! Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) by Agatha Christie

message 5: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha I am hoping to finish both The Terror and Under the Dome this week; they are both very long reads I want to mark "read" already! :) I am also reading another Stephen King book that has been on my to-read list, 11/22/63, but having trouble getting into it.

The Terror by Dan Simmons Under the Dome by Stephen King 11/22/63 by Stephen King