What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Punny Science-Fiction Anthology

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments I read an anthology of science-fiction short stories about 10 or so years ago. All of the stories were comedic, several of them were pun-intensive. I think there were about a dozen stories in the anthology.

One of the stories had a bit about insufficient plasma levels in the space ship's star drive, so the crew held a blood drive.

Sound familiar to anybody?

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika | 8 comments No, but I wish there was a way to follow this so I can read it too when you find out what it is

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Just by commenting, Erika, you are now able to follow this, because in your comment history, you'll see whenever someone's said something new.

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments Or possible "Unidentified Funny Objects" Unidentified Funny Objects

message 6: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1575 comments Erika wrote: "No, but I wish there was a way to follow this so I can read it too when you find out what it is"

Click on "Notify me when people comment" just under the reply button on the last post.

message 7: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments Andy,

It's not either of the titles you mentioned, but Unidentified Funny Objects sounds great. I'm adding it to my TBR list.

Thanks

message 8: by Mighty_felix (new)

Mighty_felix | 37 comments I'm sure I haven't read it, but it sounds like the kind of thing Piers Anthony might have written.

message 9: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments bump

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32045 comments Mod
Jeremy, have you tried searching on Worldcat.org? For example:

https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > Subject: science fiction short stories | Keyword: funny | 1970-2010 ? | Fiction | Book | English

message 11: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments Yes, Worldcat was one of the first places I checked.
I found a bunch of science fiction short stories and/or anthologies tagged as humorous, but didn't find the specific one I'm looking for.

message 12: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments bump

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jbpuckett) I'm thinking something by Spider Robinson? Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, maybe?

message 14: by Jeremy (last edited Nov 20, 2019 06:57AM) (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments It's definitely not a Spider Robinson book. I have read almost everything by him, and I'd have no trouble identifying his work.