Books Of Your Life with Elizabeth discussion

Frederic Tuten > Frederic Tuten's Books of His Life

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 27 comments Mod
Author, essayist, art critic, and Guggenheim fellow Frederic Tuten discussed his memoir, My Young Life, Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann, Nightwood by Djuna Barnes, Pedro Paramo by Juan Rulfo, and why he doesn't want to live in a world without books. 

These three books area all incredibly powerful. I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks!

message 2: by Clara (new)

Clara (clarabellecow) I enjoyed this podcast so much that I listened to it twice. I suspect the interview was quite a bit longer than what was in the podcast, and if you ever feel like publishing outtakes, I would be delighted to hear them.

I haven't read any of the books Frederic Tuten recommended, but I'm especially interested in Nightwood by Djuna Barnes. I managed to get a compilation of her work from my library right after listening to the podcast, and her writing really does suck you right in.

I never buy a just released book in hardback at full price, but I may make an exception for My Young Life.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Hi Kaila,
Thanks so much for the feedback. We had a ton that we had to cut out. I'd be curious to know if others want the podcast to be longer. I know Otis had a similar reaction to Will's. I'd be curious to know your thoughts!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Oh! And I agree with you about Djuna. Fascinating!

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Potter Bieloh | 1 comments I would love to hear more. He was so engaging, thoughtful and inspiring. I have not read his work, but I want to now!