Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's March 2019 Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (last edited Apr 14, 2019 08:24PM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3587 comments Only 3 for the month. Too busy at work.....was interested in March Madness until Kentucky lost.

Murder Borrowed, Murder Blue (Wedding Planner Mystery, #3) by Stephanie Blackmoore Murder Borrowed, Murder Blue by Stephanie Blackmoore: 3rd in Wedding Planner series and a fun read. I really liked these characters and the mysteries are always good. In this one a wedding "reality" series is filming an episode at Mallory's B&B, starring a movie star and her famous C&W boyfriend. When the maid of honor turns up dead at another event the B&B is hosting there might be number of people who are suspect. Grade: 8

Deceased and Desist (A Tallie Graver Mystery #3) by Misty Simon Deceased and Desist by Misty Simon: 3rd in Tallie Graver series. Got this one from #NetGalley. Not bad, not great...but good to pass the time. Grade: 5.5

The Calamity Café (Down South Café Mystery #1) by Gayle Leeson The Calamity Café by Gayle Leeson: 1st in Down South Cafe series and good first outing. Liked the characters, the setting and the mystery. Amy Flowers wants to open a diner and is looking to buy the one she's been waitressing at. The owner turns her down flat, but her son calls Amy that same afternoon, saying he's talked his Mom into selling and to meet them at the diner that evening. Amy is the first to show and finds the owner dead at her desk. Grade: 7.5

Got some good reads lined up for April, including a Stevie Ray Vaughan bio I got from #NetGalley.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14202 comments Melodie: sounds like three good ones! Hope your reading time increases in April; with hockey games you can read on period breaks. :) The Stevie Ray Vaughn bio sounds interesting - do let us know what you think!

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7781 comments Mel, glad you found 3 you liked (sorta) anyway. Sports can indeed suck up reading time. NCAA in March, NBA and NHL playoffs in April and beyond.

message 4: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments SRV - one of my favs

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14202 comments Dan: I also LOVE Stevie Ray Vaughn!
Dan in AZ wrote: "SRV - one of my favs"