What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Accidentally Perfect (Accidentally Perfect, #1)
This topic is about Accidentally Perfect
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA contemporary: girl meets loner boy, secretly hang out by a lake every night. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elaina | 6 comments I read this book probably a year or two ago--YA contemporary. the main character is a girl who lives (or has newly moved in?) next to this guy and they don't run in the same circle, but end up meeting down by the water just a short walk from their houses every night (a lake?). They don't talk, they just sit with each other at first, but then their relationship escalates and he takes her virginity rather quickly and soon after he regrets moving so fast, given that she is so inexperienced. She doesn't tell any of her friends about it. I remember there being other ups and downs, but can't recall the details. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's been driving me crazy!

Elaina | 6 comments Yes!! Thank you!!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Awesome, glad to help out!

Elaina | 6 comments ok, so I honestly though that was the book--- I even started reading it and thought that was it! the relationship in Any Other Girl was much more obvious--in the book I'm thinking of, I vaguely remember them hanging out in this quiet place (maybe not even by water, maybe a lookout spot or something???) and not even talking at first, but the girl reaches down and holds his hand and from there on out their relationship changes. he is a loner/bad boy and she is very innocent. I wish I remembered more detail!!!

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Yeah, after thinking about it a little bit more, I don't think they have sex in Any Other Girl, although they do make out.

Was your book definitely YA with high school age characters? Did you read it as a physical book or e-book?

Elaina | 6 comments I'm pretty sure it was an e-book. I want to say the characters were high school, but could have been college. I remember the guy gets upset because they had sex like really fast and unplanned and he actually likes her and didn't want her first time to be rushed like that (it was like against his car). He clearly is not inexperieced at all. seems like it should fit into to YA contemporary category!

message 8: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
It sounds like this isn't solved yet, so I'm going to move this thread back to Unsolved.

Elaina | 6 comments I figured it out! "Accidentally Perfect" by Elizabeth Stevens

Elaina | 6 comments Not sure how to change the thread to solved??

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Glad you found it!

Accidentally Perfect for the link.