What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book similar to Stephen King's CHRISTINE, with ending involving government scattering pieces of car (?)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments My husband and I got into a disagreement about Stephen King's book CHRISTINE. He thought that CHRISTINE ended with the government scattering parts of the car by dropping them out of an airplane across the country, but this is NOT correct. (For the record, CHRISTINE ends with a flash-forward to four years later and Dennis reading a newspaper story about the car killing someone else.)

So, is there another book or story that ends in the manner my husband described? It would probably have come out around the same time frame, early 80s. My husband thinks it could be another King story or novel, but I know King pretty well and can't think of anything. However, it might be similar demonic possession kind of thing.

I know it's not a lot to go on, but any thoughts?

message 2: by Scott (new)

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments Scott wrote: "The Car?"

Thanks Scott for the suggestion. It doesn't seem likely since this book came out in 1993, when my husband was in law school (and not reading fiction, esp. not YA). Did you suggest it because of how this book ends? It's really something with a similar ending--e.g., parts scattered over the country--that I am looking for; I can't be 100% sure that it was a car.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott The Car came out in 1977 and isn't YA. I suggested it because it's also about a "demonic" car. I don't remember the ending. I saw the movie on TV when I was a kid.

message 5: by Beth (last edited Apr 15, 2019 09:31AM) (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments Scott wrote: "The Car came out in 1977 and isn't YA. I suggested it because it's also about a "demonic" car. I don't remember the ending. I saw the movie on TV when I was a kid."

Oops, sorry about that; when I searched I think I accidentally clicked on the wrong book by that title.

I did find the book you were referring to, but sounds like the ending doesn't work:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Car

So unfortunately that's not what my husband was thinking; thanks for trying!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Beth, should we close this request?

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments Kris wrote: "Beth, should we close this request?"

Kris, I still don't have an answer. I found the book that Scott was referring to, but the end of that book does not fit, so it does not answer the question in my original post.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Beth ~~
Don't give up! We've found numerous books after several years of looking.
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 210 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth (yogibethc) | 17 comments Thanks Kate! It could be that my husband was confused about what he remembered.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Car (other topics)