Polls for Our Souls discussion

71 views
Book Chat > rate my reviews!!!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 『 jaelyn ♛』 (last edited Apr 14, 2019 03:45PM) (new)

『 jaelyn ♛』 (virtuscraps) | 42 comments hello everyone :)

this isnt to get everyone to read my reviews lmaoo i just really want people to tell me whats good and bad about them yknow?? im trying to become better in 2019 and reviews is a good way to start! criticism is welcome !!

thank you <3


message 2: by mysticofworlds (last edited Apr 14, 2019 04:31PM) (new)

mysticofworlds | 668 comments From what I've read, your reviews tend to be more informal and direct. They're kind of funny (not in a bad way- it's good that your reviews are entertaining) to read.

I'm not sure why this popped into my mind, but if your reviews were people I'd say they'd be easy to interact with.

I'm not really certain what kind of tips to give you because I'm not sure what you mean by make your reviews better.

Maybe make your reviews more grammatically correct? Observe syntax a little more? If it's just a list of your thoughts and overall opinions, I think you should keep your style. But if you want it to be more of a serious critique, then formalize the reviews.

Also gifs! If your review is really long- not everyone likes to read on and on and on- you could keep it more visual and less wordy by adding gifs to showcase your feelings.


『 jaelyn ♛』 (virtuscraps) | 42 comments Serena F. wrote: "From what I've read, your reviews tend to be more informal and direct. They're kind of funny (not in a bad way- it's good that your reviews are entertaining) to read.

I'm not sure why this popped ..."


thank you !!!! i dont think im funny lmao but thanks :) what i meant by making my reviews better is if i should write about certain things like setting, more on plot, etc. im very formal when it comes to school, but on gr i just go crazy lol. i should use gifs !!! thank youu!!!


message 4: by Drakeryn (new)

Drakeryn | 36 comments I like your enthusiasm! I can sit here and analyze "I liked these aspects and not these other aspects" but you are out there physically shoving copies of The Foxhole Court into people's hands and I appreciate it.

Serena F. wrote: "Also gifs! If your review is really long- not everyone likes to read on and on and on- you could keep it more visual and less wordy by adding gifs to showcase your feelings."

This may be a minority opinion, but I HATE gifs in reviews. It's just distracting to have something moving on-screen while I read. Also I sometimes browse goodreads from an older computer and having a lot of gifs on screen can cause blips/glitches or even the graphics card to crash.


『 jaelyn ♛』 (virtuscraps) | 42 comments Drakeryn wrote: "I like your enthusiasm! I can sit here and analyze "I liked these aspects and not these other aspects" but you are out there physically shoving copies of The Foxhole Court into people's hands and I..."

lmaoo thank you !!!! i try to shoving tfc to everyone :) glad to know my efforts are appreciated lol


message 6: by Caroline (last edited Apr 15, 2019 12:29PM) (new)

Caroline  (caro7) - ̗̀ jaelyn ̖́- wrote: "hello everyone :)

this isnt to get everyone to read my reviews lmaoo i just really want people to tell me whats good and bad about them yknow?? im trying to become better in 2019 and reviews is a ..."


In what way(s) do you want to improve?

ETA: Never mind; I see in message 3 you explain.


message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I read one of your reviews. My advice is to not write in all lowercase. I understand it's easier, but--for me--it's distracting and too informal. As far as writing about plot, setting, etc., I'd only do that if you have a specific observation/critique of those. I also share Drakeryn's feelings about gifs.

One of my GR friends once shared that the way she goes about writing reviews is to decide on three main things she wants to address. She sticks to that, and her reviews are really polished (and about medium-length). You could try that.


『 jaelyn ♛』 (virtuscraps) | 42 comments Caroline wrote: "I read one of your reviews. My advice is to not write in all lowercase. I understand it's easier, but--for me--it's distracting and too informal. As far as writing about plot, setting, etc., I'd on..."

thank you so much !!!! noted :)


message 9: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) You're welcome, Jaelyn. : ]


back to top