What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children/YA Fantasy. Brother & sister meet a friendly Vampire (who lives in their basement?). They use his old vampire fang to time travel to places like Ancient Egypt & try to get back.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ozzy (new)

ozzy (dragonfangs) | 7 comments - there is a brother and sister who somehow became friends with a vampire (I think he lives in their basement??) they occasionally use one of his old fangs (in a velvet drawstring pouch?) to travel through time.

- the siblings are either twins or around the same age (young teenagers, probably)

- they go to ancient Egypt and dress in the typical linens of ancient Egypt while they figure out how to get back home.

- I read this a few years ago when it was already a few years old, so I would guess it was published in or around 2005-2010. it is definitely aimed at younger people, with an audience of perhaps 7-12.

- it could be part of a series, but I only ever read this book.

possible spoiler ahead:

- I think the sister ends up becoming a pharaoh or person of great importance in Egypt? not sure about this.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Lucy ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 209 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by ozzy (new)

ozzy (dragonfangs) | 7 comments bump

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32372 comments Mod
Lucy, I added a few plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)