Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > please add: Love on the Line

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Cashmore | 4 comments Title = Love on the Line
Author = Stephen Cashmore
ASIN = B07QFC2VK4
Publication date = 22 June 2019
Format = Kindle

Description
Sex is fun – but it can also be funny, and so can the situations people get themselves into when following their hormone-fuelled and often desperate sex lives. Love on the Line charts comical mishaps arising in sex… those awkward, funny, embarrassing moments that you never read about in magazines and manuals.
Tom and his wife Maureen engage in inexpert affairs. Both leave behind incriminating evidence, which their daughter later discovers. Meanwhile, driven by their own problems, the corresponding partners in the affairs single-mindedly pursue their own adventures – in particular Jenny, a schoolteacher who shares a cottage with a sex-mad ghost, and Tina, whose husband is always too worn out for sex. And so, of course, do their partners.
Intrigue, assignations, sex in unusual places, unexpected humour, unexpected love, unexpected consequences – all hell breaks loose as they all turn to the internet to search online for that spark missing from their relationships. But they are all literally putting their love on the line, because for all of them there is a terrible risk.
Being found out.
The style of Love on the Line is comedy laced with explicit sex and glimpses of deep unhappiness which drives most of the characters’ actions. But, being a comedy, the couples all get together in their various ways and live more or less happily ever after.

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Cashmore | 4 comments What is supposed to happen now I have made this request?

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments This book has been added by someone on April 21st
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Cashmore | 4 comments Olivia, brilliant, thanks. I don't know who did this, but I didn't know about it and I couldn't find myself using the search facility. That's a weight off my mind.

Now I just have to figure out if I can slightly alter the book blurb :-)

stephen

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I updated the blurb to match the one on Amazon

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Cashmore | 4 comments Thank you very much!
Maybe I should start a new thread, but... Do you have any advice on whether it is a good idea to get some reviews on Goodreads, or better to wait until the book goes live in Amazon? I do have a few people waiting to give a review and I just wonder what is best to do.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43555 comments Mod
Stephen wrote: "Thank you very much!
Maybe I should start a new thread, but... Do you have any advice on whether it is a good idea to get some reviews on Goodreads, or better to wait until the book goes live in Am..."

This is not a Librarians Group issue, but one for one of the various author-specific groups, such as the Authors Discussion Group. Or you may wish to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. Librarians can help with issues pertaining to specific book records or most related issues, but have no control over general site functionality or author issues outside of fixing book or author listings on Goodreads itself. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.