Romance Retreat discussion

Author Q&A > A new author to love?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Ryan (carrieannryan) Have you found a new author you LOVE?
Tell me about them!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 253 comments Catherine Cowles published her first book in October and I was hooked as soon as I read it. Her second book, Beautifully Broken Pieces was amazing. She reminds me of Nora Roberts. Her books have some suspense mixed in with the romance, and I’m anxiously waiting for June for the next book in the series.

message 3: by Halo (new)

Halo Roberts (haloroberts) Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but I just dropped a new release called Beauty & the Boss on Kindle, all of my beta readers loved the story and humor (as well as the spicy bits). It's on KU if you're interested, I would love some feedback from outside my beta circle!

message 4: by Clayre (new)

Clayre Tower | 1 comments I have found a few.
Gemini Jensen she has published a duet that is small town best friend's brother romance meets mafia kind of story. She has a new book coming out soon that I can't wait to read.
QB Tyler writes forbidden romances and they have all been really good.
Carmel Rhodes has written a rockstar series, Lithium Springs, that I fell in love with.
Erica Marselas writes a little bit of everything from YA to erotica.
Lanie Love is a new erotic author that has some intriguing storylines in her books.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments D. Kelly, Illusion series, can't say more..rockstar romance with many, many layers and bring the tissues...I was warned🤐

message 6: by Radd Reader (new)

Radd Reader | 80 comments B. C. Booklover wrote: "D. Kelly, Illusion series, can't say more..rockstar romance with many, many layers and bring the tissues...I was warned🤐"

The Illusion series was the first time I read D Kelly. Oh, my. Gut wrenching on so many levels.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Hey Radd- I read this series because of a recommendation during one of these RR threads and if I'm not mistaken, that rec came from YOU! What a call- I LOVE rockstar romances but you did warn me! Wow..I almost needed therapy after reading them, was so wrecked that what I wanted to happen didn't😢Have to wait a while to go on with books 4+. I need to step back and come back later to fully enjoy whatever is next for these BAD boys (and girls😉).

message 8: by Radd Reader (new)

Radd Reader | 80 comments B. C. Booklover wrote: "Hey Radd- I read this series because of a recommendation during one of these RR threads and if I'm not mistaken, that rec came from YOU! What a call- I LOVE rockstar romances but you did warn me! W..."

Glad the recommendation worked for you. I stopped reading the series after the 3rd book too. It didn’t end up the way I wanted either and I’ve never gotten over the heartbreak. I would read other books from this author, but no more in this series.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Wow..I was wondering if I was alone in these thoughts. I really was completely crushed and cried my eyes out, kept thinking about it, probably always will. It was VERY unforgettable and I do really appreciate the rec.😉

message 10: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Fog (fionaandbuffy) | 75 comments Byrnne Asher, Ella Goode, Kati Wilde are just a few I've taken to stalking nicely. lol