What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction book mother discovers her teen daughter is having affair with family friend

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 1 comments I have been wracking my brain trying to remember this book. It was from the late 90's. A teenage girl is seduced by an older family friend, possibly a photographer. She is rebelling and becomes distant from her mother. At a dinner where all parties are present the mother begins to realize that something is going on.I may be mixing two books together, but I think her father maybe dies in an accident in the beginning and her mother is dealing with her grief. I feel like it is by a fairly famous author. I was reading a lot of Anna Quindlen, Barbara Kingsolver and Jane Hamilton at the time. May be something titled Into the Forest or something about trees. I used to work at a bookstore and this drove me crazy when people came in with little shreds of info, but here I am. Help.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Moved to Unsolved.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Adrienne ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 209 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!