Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Rattle His Bones: 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Rattle His Bones (Daisy Dalrymple, #8) by Carola Dunn

Rattle His Bones, Carola Dunn

★ ★ ★

The book begins with a jewel theft & the movements of the thief through the museum: although a floor-plan of the museum was provided, I was still confused as I had to go back and forth between the floor-plan & the movements of the thief to figure out, what was going on.

While writing a travel article on the highlights of the British Museum of Natural History for an American Magazine, Daisy meets many an odd character. The most interesting is the Count of a now gone country, who would like the Ruby that was gifted to Queen Victoria and is now on display in the museum returned to his family.

On Daisy's second visit to the museum, she is in one of the dinosaur halls along with a group of young children & their grandmother when in the hall next a particularly odious geologist is murdered.

When Detective Sergeant Tom Tring interviews those who were in the museum at the time, he discovers that few if any of the dead man's co-workers are saddened by his demise...

On a subsequent visit, when Daisy is reviewing the Mineral & Gem displays, the Count notices that the Ruby on display is no longer the genuine stone, but an excellent glass copy. The scientist taking Daisy on the tour comes to the same conclusion and she begins to see a possible connection between the missing ruby & the murder of the Geologist who was responsible for the Gem & Mineral exhibit.

As I stated, the trying ti use the floor-plan throughout the story was confusing for me...

NOTE:

Although there were historical references to actual people who worked in the Museum at the time, the story was too loose to add it to April's tag

message 2: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5307 comments This does sound interesting.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Booknblues wrote: "This does sound interesting."

It was definitely one of the better ones....