What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction...people obsessed with bidding on mysterious objects via the internet akin to Faberge-like eggs.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noreen (new)

Noreen Cottrell | 3 comments Between 2010 and 2015 read part of book...Sci-fi/ dystopic near-future book published maybe between 2000 - 2015. The protagonist's friend/associate is part of a culture of people who are obsessed with bidding on and collecting eggs or egg-like objects that apparently serve no purpose other than as collectible commodities. The book synopsis might have compared them to futuristic Faberge-Type eggs. I don't think it was known where the objects came from. I believe it was set in a near future New York City and satirizes aspects of technological and internet culture. It may have involved a noir-ish mystery. It may have had the word "city" in the title. The cover may have been dark blue and yellow...or maybe not. I dunno. Thanks for any ideas!

message 2: by Noreen (new)

Noreen Cottrell | 3 comments It might have had the word hyper in the title.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Maybe The Mere Future? I don't know about the Faberge eggs but it's set in a dystopian future NYC, and satirizes internet culture,

message 4: by Noreen (new)

Noreen Cottrell | 3 comments Thanks for the idea. Not the one I am thinking of, but looks interesting!

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Noreen ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 6: by Caotico09 (new)

Caotico09 | 7 comments This probably isnt it since it since it is from 2016, and the items are less Faberge eggs and more of glowing spheres, but figured i would throw it out there because there are similarities: Burning Midnight