Play Book Tag discussion

The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
This topic is about The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
Archive: Other Books > The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly / Sun-Mi Hwang. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8017 comments The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly / Sun-Mi Hwang
4 stars

Sprout is an egg-laying hen, but is going to be culled. She manages to get free before she dies, but is not welcome in the farm-yard. She has always wanted to lay an egg and be able to sit on it and hatch it and raise the chick, so imagine her happiness when she finds a deserted egg that she is able to hatch!

I really enjoyed this. I love animals, and really felt for Sprout. Even if they weren’t animals, there is a lot of mother-child type interactions going on between Sprout and the little one. And interesting (and sad) interactions between Sprout, the little one, and the other farm animals.

message 2: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5315 comments That sounds like a fun book. I think I might enjoy it.

LibraryCin | 8017 comments Booknblues wrote: "That sounds like a fun book. I think I might enjoy it."

I think you might! :-) I have no idea where I first heard of it. I would guess via PBT somewhere along the way. I believe I had added it to my tbr while still on shelfari.

Tracy (tstan) | 1173 comments I was so touched by this book- a really good choice for moms with chicks that are about to go off to college.