Prize Readers discussion

Awards Roundup > L.A. Times Book Prizes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Risa (new)

Risa (risa116) | 16 comments This is going to make fans of "The Great Believers" very happy: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...

message 2: by Risa (new)

Risa (risa116) | 16 comments Oh, and fans of "My Sister, the Serial Killer". Turns out The ToB Rooster was just the beginning!

message 3: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 142 comments Risa wrote: "Oh, and fans of "My Sister, the Serial Killer". Turns out The ToB Rooster was just the beginning!"

Wow!
I am a fan of this book.
I am hoping it makes the Women's Prize shortlist.

Here is a list of the awards:

2018 Book Prizes Winners

Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction: Nafissa Thompson-Spires, “Heads of the Colored People,” Atria / 37 INK
Biography: David W. Blight, “Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom,” Simon and Schuster
Christopher Isherwood Prize for Autobiographical Prose: Kiese Laymon, “Heavy: An American Memoir,” Scribner
Current Interest: Francisco Cantú, “The Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border,” Riverhead Books
Fiction: Rebecca Makkai, “The Great Believers: A Novel,” Viking
Graphic Novel/Comics: Tillie Walden, “On a Sunbeam,” First Second
History: Julia Boyd, “Travelers In The Third Reich: The Rise of Fascism 1919-1945,” Pegasus Books
Mystery/Thriller: Oyinkan Braithwaite, “My Sister, the Serial Killer,” Doubleday
Poetry: Carl Phillips, “Wild is the Wind: Poems,” Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Science & Technology: Beth Macy, “Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America,” Little, Brown and Company
Young Adult Literature: Elizabeth Acevedo, “The Poet X,” HarperTeen