What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Welcome Home, Jellybean
This topic is about Welcome Home, Jellybean
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens/YA Divorce, Special needs sibling. Professional Musician Dad leaves when he can't handle special needs youngest child. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Dye | 3 comments I’m trying to remember the names of a book I read in grade-middle school (73-82ish). It was centered around a boy and his little sibling who had some developmental disability. The Dad was a professional musician (pianist I believe) as well as a selfish SOB who decided he couldn’t handle the special child so he left. I remember before leaving, the childl said “GEE” when his /her father played a G chord on the piano. He thought maybe she was recognizing the chord so he played another and she said “GEE” again. At that point he apparently decided she was useless and left. When dad leaves he cleans out their luxury apt. taking the grand piano which really bums the boy out as he plays. They have to move as they can’t afford the apt. At one point after younger sibling ruins the MC's piano recital the Dad offers to let the boy come live with him but he decides to stay with Mom and younger sib. I think there might have been something about the way the younger child pronounced the MC's name as well.

message 2: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 175 comments That’s Welcome Home , Jellybean by Marlene Fanta Shyer.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Dye | 3 comments OH MY GOD ! Thank You ! I don’t know how to mark this as found or whatever but WOW ! My friends, family and even teachers from grade school thought I was delusional.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Jim. Here's the link for Lorna's find - Welcome Home, Jellybean by Marlene Fanta Shyer.

I marked your request as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after your topic header. This only works on the full desktop website, not the mobile website or the mobile app.

message 5: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 175 comments You're welcome, Jim!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Welcome Home, Jellybean (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marlene Fanta Shyer (other topics)