What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy / Paranormal book read in mid-late 1990s. Young African American girl sneaks out of her house to see a ghost, set in the south. Blue cover with African American woman in white. Title: Under the ___ tree/bush.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnna (new)

LeAnna Shields | 3 comments I'm looking for the title of a book. It was a 5th or 6th-grade level reader (not sure if that qualifies for YA) it was either Fantasy or Paranormal. I remember it was set in the south about a young African American girl who sneaks out of her house to see if she sees a ghost. I remember the cover was blue with an African American woman in white. I think the title was Under the--- tree (or maybe it was bush) I read it in Sixth grade many years ago and the cover popped into my head yesterday.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Bayou Magic by Jewell Parker Rhodes?

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com fantasy "middle grade" "african american" ghost girl south)

LeAnna, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by LeAnna (new)

LeAnna Shields | 3 comments I was in sixth grade some 20+ years ago. around the mid to late '90s.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
I added the genre and plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after header - on the full desktop website, not the mobile website or mobile app.

message 5: by LeAnna (new)

LeAnna Shields | 3 comments Kris wrote: "I added the genre and plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after header - on the full desktop website, not the mobile website or mobile app."

thanks