Art Lovers discussion

Guess Who (by artist's works!) > Watching the boats go by...(Salvador Dali)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2693 comments Yesterdays artwork by Caspar David Friedrich, Woman at the window, reminded me of this:

message 2: by Kristine (new)

Kristine  Henshaw (kristilou) Looks kind of like Wyeth.maybe Andrew. I'm pretty sure it isn't Hopper but probably the same era.

message 3: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2693 comments Wrong continent Kristine, the artists is not American, although he/she lived in the states for some years (during WWII). But this is from before that time.
He/she was a bit younger than Hopper but a bit older than Wyeth, so you are correct about the era.

message 4: by Chiara (new)

Chiara Cavalli | 10 comments Hi. Is this Dalì?

message 5: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2693 comments Yes Dali is correct!

Are you new to the group Chiara? Then welcome!

The painting was made by Dali in 1925. The model was his sister Anna Maria.

https://shop.salvador-dali.org/en/wor...

message 6: by Chiara (new)

Chiara Cavalli | 10 comments Yes, I'm new. Hi everybody!

message 7: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2693 comments Well again: you're very welcome and thanks for participating

Did you guess or did you know the painting?

I had another one of his sister ready to post:

message 8: by Chiara (new)

Chiara Cavalli | 10 comments I saw the painting in Madrid. This last you posted is amazing!

message 9: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2693 comments Chiara wrote: "I saw the painting in Madrid. This last you posted is amazing!"

Glad you like it!
I have a couple more:

And then a couple of years later:

message 10: by Chiara (new)

Chiara Cavalli | 10 comments Thank you very much!

message 11: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments Good job, Chiara! And glad you joined us! I hope you will get satisfaction and fun out of the group.
Are you from Italy? Because I have a good friend named Chiara from Milano. I lived there for a couple of years, beautiful indeed!

message 12: by Chiara (new)

Chiara Cavalli | 10 comments Hi Heather. I live in Livorno, near Florence. I really like the group. I'm sure I will learn a lot!

message 13: by Dirk (new)

Dirk Van | 2693 comments I'm sure the group can learn from you too!
So don't hesitate to post.

I've never been to Livorno, but the last time we visited Florence we stayed pretty close, (in Viareggio) and went to Pisa and Lucca among other places.

message 14: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments I wouldn't have guessed Dali by the first painting but all subsequent paintings posted are definitely him.