What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book About Woman Running From Husband? May have been an adult book?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Calabrese (booknerdnikki) | 1 comments I read a book around 2009/2010 involving a woman that runs from her husband with her child. She runs to another man (Friend, stranger, I am unsure) and ends up sleeping with him in a barn in the hay. The book had something to do with rain or a storm and I distinctly remember the mass market paperback I read was a silver/grey cover with a face (or two) with rain covering their faces.

Please help, this has been driving me insane.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32271 comments Mod
Nikki, why is she running away from her husband?

How old is her boy/girl?

What are the jobs/skills of the heroine, husband, and lover?

What's the genre or tone - contemporary romance, romantic suspense, psychological thriller, mystery, etc.?

message 3: by Nikki (last edited Apr 25, 2020 09:14PM) (new)

Nikki Calabrese (booknerdnikki) | 1 comments I believe she was running away from her husband because he was trying to either kill her or abuse her. I think she took money from him, as well?

Her child was definitely under the age of 10, but forgive me I do not remember the child's gender.

It definitely seemed like a romantic suspense novel, there was a lot of talk from the wife about what her husband would do if he found them.

The man she was lodging with spent a lot of time asking her if she was alright and wanted to talk about the husband frequently, if that helps.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Nikki ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Calabrese (booknerdnikki) | 1 comments BUMP

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32271 comments Mod
What are the jobs of the husband and the other man?

Does she have family?

Is this a contemporary romantic suspense novel?

What's the location (country, region, near a well-known city)?