Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Bobby The Bee: Don't Bee A Bully Bee !
This topic is about Bobby The Bee
Book Issues > Please Remove Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Perry | 3 comments This isn't a book of mine. I did not write this book. Please remove this from my author page. The author has the same name as me but we are different people and currently any and all traffic of this author is going to my page. Please, please remove this as quickly as possible. The other book, A Sister's Promise, is mine and that one is fine. This seems to be a new book too, so I don't know why it went to my page. Wasn't there just a few days ago.
There really should be a system where we can approve what books go on our author page to stop issues like this.

Thank you.

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1408 comments Moved the book.

Because you have the default author profile for that name, any books imported will automatically go to your profile. If you want to be moved from having the default profile, you will need to contact staff (support [at] goodreads [dot] com)

message 3: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Perry | 3 comments What does that mean? I'm confused. What do you mean default profile? I don't want any more books being wrongfully claimed on my profile. That can get me in serious legal trouble.

message 4: by Emily (last edited Apr 13, 2019 01:37PM) (new)

Emily | 13038 comments The default profile means any book by a "Shelby Perry" that is added will land on this profile. Goodreads uses spaces to differentiate between authors with the same name (like John Smith). In the author edit field, one John Smith might see two or three or many spaces between his first and last names, but the default John Smith will have just the one space. Here's more information:
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

If you are concerned about having the default profile, you should contact Support as mentioned above. They can put an extra space between your names. That way, if your books are added you would need to request them to be moved TO your profile instead of moving incorrect ones off. The default profile would be unclaimed so it would be generic.
To contact Support you can email them at the address in the message above or you can use this link:
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 5: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Perry | 3 comments Ok. Thank you for the clear up. I still think this seems like an overly complicated process instead of simply having a set up for us to put what books are ours on the proper page but I appreciate the help.
I'll get right on that.