Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Help me remember movie

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Oh! Maybe someone can help me with a movie!

I watched it when I was little and now that I’m old as dirt, I will need my old school friends help.

I can only remember a couple of things. It seems like the monster was a mud monster or something. I can only remember it trying to get the guy and girl and someone cuts it’s hand off which still moves. I remember they eventually push it in the water and seems like it dissolves. Which makes no sense if it’s mud. Damn it! I was like 10 or younger and I will be 47 next week if that gives you an idea of how old it is.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Awesome, Corrine!! I’m off to check it out 😃

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Oh wow! This is gonna take some time. I already saw a bunch of movies I own. I love this. Thanks hun!

message 4: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Apr 12, 2019 04:08PM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I found it by googling!! The World Beyond: The Mud Monster 1978!

Let me see if the link works.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFJawQ...

That’s the YouTube link. Now I need to see if I can find the video available to buy!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Damn it. I was hoping against hope Amazon would have it 😫. I looked under Jobeth Williams movies!! Surely it’s somewhere in the world to buy

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Corinne wrote: "wow! you found the clip of the part your remember though. that is awesome. Glad you found it.

We did good for ourselves today. LOL"

I KNOW!! I almost fell over when it was one of the parts I remembered 😃. Now if I can just find the movie!!

We did good 😊

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3646 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Corinne wrote: "wow! you found the clip of the part your remember though. that is awesome. Glad you found it.

We did good for ourselves today. LOL"

I KNOW!! I almost fell over when it was one of ..."

Melissa - I found it! Here is a link where you can buy it. It is a little spendy though for $19.99, but the reason it is so much money is because it was a TV movie not a theatre movie. It was made for tv only. Here is the link and I hope you are able to buy it.

https://raremoviecollector.com/shop/t...

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Holy crap hun!!! Thank you so much!! I have it sitting in the cart on there. I need to research the company before giving my credit card. Sigh, they don’t take PayPal. * shakes fist in air*

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Gah!! I found it at another place that doesn’t take PayPal either. Now I’m on a search and destroy mission!!! I think that website I was just on was lovingtheclassics.com

message 10: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3646 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Holy crap hun!!! Thank you so much!! I have it sitting in the cart on there. I need to research the company before giving my credit card. Sigh, they don’t take PayPal. * shakes fist in air*"

You are more than welcome, Melissa! Yeah I would do a little research before leaving a credit card number on there. I would do a google search for reviews to see if they are legit. It is kind of strange they don't do paypal, but there are some places that don't do paypal.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments We shall see. Fingers crossed!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I actually got to watch the movie on YouTube 😃. It was shorter than I remember but I was a little kid. Good memories accept one part pissed me off. I won’t be buying it. I can just rewatch it on YouTube 😉

message 13: by Arturo (new)

Arturo (arthfael12) | 8 comments Hi, I hope I can get some help to find an old film that’s been in my head for years, I don’t remember what is it about, but I remember the end, a pregnant girl in the hospital, doctors with her, baby is born, but something evil is inside this baby, doctors died(brutally I think) , a final scene this mom walking with a little girl. I think is an Asian film, with classic black long hair woman. I’ve searched it without success :( . Thanks for letting me write in this thread. Best regards :)

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 484 comments I remember seeing a brief scene from a horror movie when I was a child; all I remember is the image of a disembodied head (possibly green) inside of a box or fish tank; which may or may not have spoken. Given the age at which I saw it, it couldn't have been more recent than the mid-2000s, but I suspect it was from the 80s or 90s. So far I have ruled out Re-Animator, Blood Diner, Head Of The Family, Mystics In Bali, Shrunken Heads, and The Brain That Wouldn't Die. However, the method I have been using (look up movies that involve disembodied heads, then look for images of those films) won't find movies where heads play a minor role. I know that this is vague, but if anyone has a clue to what this is, I would greatly appreciate it.

message 15: by Brad (new)

Brad Hodson (brad_hodson) | 1 comments I'm sure this isn't it, but this is the first thing that popped into my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5kV...

message 16: by [on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars (last edited Feb 14, 2020 06:47PM) (new)

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 484 comments No, I don't think it was that, but thanks. I'm fairly sure that it's an 80s film called Spookies (which is a ridiculous title, in my view, but that's beside the point), which I have found a brief clip of that resembles my memories of it. The head in that one isn't green, however.

message 17: by Tomi (new)

Tomi | 21 comments How about Macabre by Lamberto Bava? There's head in a freezer. A glimpse of it is shown on this Italian review at around 1:40, https://youtu.be/j1qTO8RFXfw