What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Third grade chapter book about pilgrim girl and Native Americans

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selina (new)

Selina (sgaf) | 2 comments I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read in second grade as part of our "pilgrims" unit. It would have been 2002 and I lived in SE Pennsylvania.

All I can remember is that a pilgrim girl is living in a community. At the end of the book I think she's living with an old guy who traps beavers?

In the sequel, she's captured by indians and slowly falls in love with the guy she was married to. They sleep together under bear skins to keep warm during the winter and she winds up pregnant. I think by the end of the second book she's running away with her new baby and new community from the pilgrims.

I think it was a male author-- I left my school copy of the first book out in the rain and had to buy it. The librarian was extra cross with me because it was a copy signed by the author.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments I Am Regina?

Seems kind of adult for second or third grade. Was it a children's novel?

message 3: by Selina (new)

Selina (sgaf) | 2 comments I know, right? Only the first book was required reading for class. I took the sequel out myself and the themes were definitely more adult.

It was an average sized chapter book around 150-200 pages I'm guessing?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Selina ~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 210 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Still looking, Selina?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Am Regina (other topics)