What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Daydreamer
This topic is about The Daydreamer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's short stories, boy lives a day as his cat by "unzipping" it. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (baticeer) | 51 comments Short story anthology book for children about supernatural things which all happened to one boy. I think this book is fairly well known?

In one story, he is petting his family cat one day when he feels a zipper on the cat's spine. He gets the impression that his cat wants him to pull the zipper. He does that, and the whole cat opens up like a costume, and the cat's soul comes out and unzips the boy's body in the same manner. The boy and cat souls switch bodies and zip each other back up. Now the boy is his cat, and he lives out one day in the life of his cat before going back to his original self.

I don't remember the other stories but I think the boy had a little brother (baby/toddler age) who was involved in at least one of them.

Physically, the book was a large paperback (taller/wider than a typical children's book) and had a white cover with a realistic illustration.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1164 comments Maybe The Daydreamer by Ian McEwan?
The Daydreamer by Ian McEwan

Found searching online. Reader review:
There were some chapters that were better that others; I especially liked the one with The Cat and how Peter imagined that the cat had a zipper in its fur that would zip it out of its "costume". I found that funny and very well written.

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (baticeer) | 51 comments That's the one. Thanks for the quick reply. I tried searches too, but somehow didn't turn it up.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Daydreamer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ian McEwan (other topics)